General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

formula vs. corvette

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 08:15 PM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Reading the responses in this thread are funny...X1,000,000 stock vette won't hold it's own against a modded f-body
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Reading the responses in this thread are funny...X1,000,000 stock vette won't hold it's own against a modded f-body
it did against me.. are you sure y'all have actually run a vette? i'm not at all idolizing the vette or saying that it's unbeatable, but i have full bolt ons and full exhaust and like i said, got BARELY nosed out by a seemingly stock C5. I have owned 6 Z28's and have been street racing for about 10+ years and these occurrences are more common than not with a bolt on fbod.. anyway, i've seen the arguments, i've raced em, i've lost when i thought i would whoop that *** and nope.. maybe all of y'alls cars are superior to mine?? like the dude who said he has 300 rwhp and beat a C5 by 2 cars... riiiiiggghhhhttt..
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
that's just hard to believe for some reason
trust me it was even harder for him to believe. My car has always been stout for its little mods. Hell bone stock she gave me a bunch of 13.2's and even a 13 flat. And the best I have had with my little mods is a 12.89. Which made me very happy.
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

it did against me.. are you sure y'all have actually run a vette? i'm not at all idolizing the vette or saying that it's unbeatable, but i have full bolt ons and full exhaust and like i said, got BARELY nosed out by a seemingly stock C5. I have owned 6 Z28's and have been street racing for about 10+ years and these occurrences are more common than not with a bolt on fbod.. anyway, i've seen the arguments, i've raced em, i've lost when i thought i would whoop that *** and nope.. maybe all of y'alls cars are superior to mine?? like the dude who said he has 300 rwhp and beat a C5 by 2 cars... riiiiiggghhhhttt..
ahhh no need to call me a liar because your car is not holding its own. I have also raced plenty of stock manual vettes and we have been neck and neck and at speeds above 110 - 120 they started pulling a bit. But this vette belonged to a coworker (well he later became) of mine and was in great shape and only had 50,000 miles and i had about 57 at the time, and he did not let off because when I did, he passed me like a bat out of hell. I know plenty of guys on this board that have two or three boltons and are holding there own to stock vettes or getting a lenght or 2. And plenty of guys who are stock and getting the edge on stock c5's. Not to mention so many stock auto or manual c5 vettes running just low 13's or very high twelves at the track ....hmm kind of like are cars do with just a set of good tires.

Maybe our cars are superior to yours. Or maybe that vette you ran was not stock. No need to point fingers just because your rationality does not seem to match with mine.
Old 02-06-2008 | 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
ahhh no need to call me a liar because your car is not holding its own. I have also raced plenty of stock manual vettes and we have been neck and neck and at speeds above 110 - 120 they started pulling a bit. But this vette belonged to a coworker (well he later became) of mine and was in great shape and only had 50,000 miles and i had about 57 at the time, and he did not let off because when I did, he passed me like a bat out of hell. I know plenty of guys on this board that have two or three boltons and are holding there own to stock vettes or getting a lenght or 2. And plenty of guys who are stock and getting the edge on stock c5's. Not to mention so many stock auto or manual c5 vettes running just low 13's or very high twelves at the track ....hmm kind of like are cars do with just a set of good tires.

Maybe our cars are superior to yours. Or maybe that vette you ran was not stock. No need to point fingers just because your rationality does not seem to match with mine.
I was really not arguing with you man, or even talking ****, I just want to see it on vid or in person. That's all. And since vettes run low 13's and high 12's, what does your car run? About the same right? I would guess 13's over 12's based on your mods but who knows, 2 lengths on a vette....? possible but not probable imo
Old 02-06-2008 | 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was really not arguing with you man, or even talking ****, I just want to see it on vid or in person. That's all. And since vettes run low 13's and high 12's, what does your car run? About the same right? I would guess 13's over 12's based on your mods but who knows, 2 lengths on a vette....? possible but not probable imo
best I have ever run is a 12.8 with a great day and a perfect launch. Normally I run 13.1 - 13.3. I also ran an manual vette at the track and he ran a 13.1 flat and I ran a 13.4 that day which is about 2 - 3 lenghts so it works both ways. All I am saying is stock for stock the difference is very very very minor. Now on the top end stock for stock the higher above 120 the better for that vette. Sorry have no vid but wish I did.
Old 02-06-2008 | 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

best I have ever run is a 12.8 with a great day and a perfect launch. Normally I run 13.1 - 13.3. I also ran an manual vette at the track and he ran a 13.1 flat and I ran a 13.4 that day which is about 2 - 3 lenghts so it works both ways. All I am saying is stock for stock the difference is very very very minor. Now on the top end stock for stock the higher above 120 the better for that vette. Sorry have no vid but wish I did.
#'s wise, yes the differences are minor but in street racing, the differences become a little more apparent. and by a little, i really do mean a little. they're not rockets whoopin everything they come across but they run well. well enough to beat up on slightly modded fbods. i've seen it time and time again but i guess all of yall with lids and cat backs are showing vettes who's boss..
Old 02-06-2008 | 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

#'s wise, yes the differences are minor but in street racing, the differences become a little more apparent. and by a little, i really do mean a little. they're not rockets whoopin everything they come across but they run well. well enough to beat up on slightly modded fbods. i've seen it time and time again but i guess all of yall with lids and cat backs are showing vettes who's boss..
none of us were saying we own all vettes. plenty have beat me. What we are saying is that it is possible and not as uncommen as you think. And your subtle insinuations are beginning to make you seem very arrogant. But to say that 355 rwhp is just as fast as a c5 vette like you said, that is hysterical.
Old 02-06-2008 | 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

none of us were saying we own all vettes. plenty have beat me. What we are saying is that it is possible and not as uncommen as you think. And your subtle insinuations are beginning to make you seem very arrogant. But to say that 355 rwhp is just as fast as a c5 vette like you said, that is hysterical.
i dunno man... i give up. don't really care anymore lol. i wasn't at all intending to be arrogant or anything i've just seen a lot of slightly modded fbods get beat on the street time and time again. there's gotta be something to that... that's where i was going with this is the first place. 355hp>stock C5 any day, of course. hell that's 20 more hp than i yielded BUT i'm an a4 so we aren't too far off and i'm not smokin c5's.. hope i haven't made myself look like an ***, which to many of you, it's too late. just go race the first c5 you see, and please get it on vid and post it here. i just want to see other's results if nothing else
Old 02-06-2008 | 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Vette's aren't untouchable. When I had just exhaust and a lid I took out an A4 vette. I'm going to lean to the Formy on this one.
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

and like i said, got BARELY nosed out by a seemingly stock C5.
There is the issue. "seemingly stock".

The 200lb weight advantage is just plain not enough for a stock A4 C5 to beat a well driven 355rwhp LS1 F-body. Unless maybe the F-body is a heavy Trans Am 'vert or something, or you take the race WELL above 100mph.

That's really all there is to say.
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

This is kinda funny to read. I will say the Formula has the advantage, but he can still loose. By all means a stock C5 with an A4 is a slug. I know I owned a C5 with one and it had 3.15's. I have owned several C5's, Camaro's and even a blown C6. Most of my cars end up blown in one way lol. He should walk the C5, IF he gets a hole shot, and IF he keeps traction. Just saying he will "win" is , saying he "should" win is more like it.
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
This is kinda funny to read. I will say the Formula has the advantage, but he can still loose. By all means a stock C5 with an A4 is a slug. I know I owned a C5 with one and it had 3.15's. I have owned several C5's, Camaro's and even a blown C6. Most of my cars end up blown in one way lol. He should walk the C5, IF he gets a hole shot, and IF he keeps traction. Just saying he will "win" is , saying he "should" win is more like it.
i'm good with that .. btw, your car looks GREAT!
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

yea id say you would win i dont know my hp but i beat c5s all the time ...there are alot by me
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

C5 you would take him...I have beaten C5 ZO6s that are in need of driver mods in my WS6 M6.
Old 02-07-2008 | 05:35 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
Just saying he will "win" is , saying he "should" win is more like it.
For the most part, we've been saying that. With comments like "assuming he can drive it well", or "on a decent tire with a decent launch".

It's like saying six or half a dozen.
Old 02-07-2008 | 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

since we're internet bullshit racing, I beat a ferrari Enzo in a top speed run when my car was rock stock.
with a flat tire
Old 02-09-2008 | 02:54 AM
TECH Regular

I losted by a nose to a 2002 SLP SS M6 with LT headers TSP true dual and all I had was B&B bullets my car made 310 wrhp and his made 354 wrhp. We were right next to each other until fourth gear and he got a noise on me. and he is a good m6 driver. So he wont beat him buy much it would be a very good race ive done it many time.
Old 02-09-2008 | 03:04 AM
On The Tree

...since i've had my 02 z28, i've raced a total of 10 vettes and beaten 8 of them... *all C5's* they are beautiful cars, but after finally getting a camaro, i no longer hold corvettes on that pedestal that i used to.
Old 02-11-2008 | 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

My car with just the lid, catback, and PTB beats stock C5 autos and even some 6 speeds depending on the driver.