General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

OEM Headlights so freakin expensive!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jmm98ls1, that black looks really sharp. Got me thinking now.
y2kta, that was the problem, on one headlight the part of the bracket was broken off, and the other one was broken off on the light to where the bracket mounted. Compared to the other light I would have to build up that part to make the bracket right so the light would be able to adjust. They've really just had it and I'm gonna get something. Gonna try to find some OEM or may go with the black like above, I like that. There used to be a guy on ebay that sold the OEM's painted black behind the lense, but I can't find them anymore. Again, thanks to all the responses and ideas.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Here's a pic of mine, black halos & corners. I took the brackets from my factory headlights and used them on the halos, they fit exactly like OEM.

wow looks alot like my car......cant wait to get black halos,where did you get yours from?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
wow looks alot like my car......cant wait to get black halos,where did you get yours from?
Bought both the corners & halos from ebay.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

I paid a little over 400 for my oem from the local dealer. That cost was at my commercial account price.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

I have a friend that own a paint and body shop and he got me a pair for $451 Still more expensive then Halos but cheaper then $600 list price.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrob56
wasnt an aftermarket company selling the half whistler OEM style headlight for a lot less? i thought i saw pictures, but cant find it. they looked real good!
I bought a set of the "DEPO" lights you are talking about when they first came out, about a year later the clear coat or whatever the hell it is was peeling off and the rubber molding was falling off. Those headlights are garbage and I'd stay away from them.

I ended up giving my stockers the whistler treatment in semi-gloss black and sanded and polished the lenses.

Quick Reply: OEM Headlights so freakin expensive!!!!