General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ideas on parting out perfect car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

^^^^dont do it.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Jay....All of your damn cobra threads have made me quite interested. I have been doing more and more research on them over the last few weeks. Now I find myself contemplating selling the Z06 and getting a termi!!! What the hell has happened to me....What would you do if you were me? I can sell the Z for 30-32k right now?

That's what I think of that

Keep the vette or get a C6 if you want to upgrade.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trade in a Vette for a termi? lol
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just thinking. If I had 30k to spend on one after I sold the vette, I could get one with a kb and mods already. I really want FI on the Z06 but I do not have money right now for a blower, and forged short block to do it right. All of my money went to the Z, and I really want FI RIGHT NOW! My concerns are the weight difference. I am in at just over 3k with me in the car. I know the termi's are near 4k. The only cars I have ever owned or driven are lsx's. 01 z28, 01 T/A, and 01 Z06. Like I said this is just something I have been tossing around for a minute. I would need to test a termi and do more research before I could get serious on a decision.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Jay....All of your damn cobra threads have made me quite interested. I have been doing more and more research on them over the last few weeks. Now I find myself contemplating selling the Z06 and getting a termi!!! What the hell has happened to me....What would you do if you were me? I can sell the Z for 30-32k right now?
Well I could get a C5 Z too but in all honesty, I just know how my Cobra felt with the big KB and hell you could always get another C5Z if it turns out you didnt like it. I know Quick is trading his C5/FI (700rwhp too) for another 04 SB 3.4 Whipple. There is something about having a rather normal looking sounding Mustang that holds 600-700 (700+with 3.4 Whipples) and still drive it daily.

I would say test drive one and go from there. 2 cars that are really "must owns" in our blue collar budget are a Vette and a Terminator. You could always go back to a C5 but I am sitting here willing to PART OUT a perfectly good SS to get back to a Termi asap. That should say something.

Let me see if I can find Quicks post on the Whippled Cobra trade.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM

I was just thinking. If I had 30k to spend on one after I sold the vette, I could get one with a kb and mods already. I really want FI on the Z06 but I do not have money right now for a blower, and forged short block to do it right. All of my money went to the Z, and I really want FI RIGHT NOW! My concerns are the weight difference. I am in at just over 3k with me in the car. I know the termi's are near 4k. The only cars I have ever owned or driven are lsx's. 01 z28, 01 T/A, and 01 Z06. Like I said this is just something I have been tossing around for a minute. I would need to test a termi and do more research before I could get serious on a decision.

FI is fun! I cant stand the MS3 lope and to do an LSX right (forged shortblock and the FI itself) its exspensive to make it hold on a DD basis. You can find modded Cobras already for $21-25K (a damn bargin for the power) and more ofcourse. Hey man, just come romp on mine when I get it.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Well I could get a C5 Z too but in all honesty, I just know how my Cobra felt with the big KB and hell you could always get another C5Z if it turns out you didnt like it. I know Quick is trading his C5/FI (700rwhp too) for another 04 SB 3.4 Whipple. There is something about having a rather normal looking sounding Mustang that holds 600-700 (700+with 3.4 Whipples) and still drive it daily.

I would say test drive one and go from there. 2 cars that are really "must owns" in our blue collar budget are a Vette and a Terminator. You could always go back to a C5 but I am sitting here willing to PART OUT a perfectly good SS to get back to a Termi asap. That should say something.

Let me see if I can find Quicks post on the Whippled Cobra trade.
How much would one with the good stuff already on it cost me?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:35 PM

Here is Quik Z06's post to sell the C5 Z on here. Very cool guy.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...954&highlight=

Then I ran across this post on SVT looking for a SB Cobra.
His is post 56 and oh my God this is the car for me. Soon anyway, just more powa!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=458899

So here are 2 different guys on both sides of the fence wanting each others car and they just happen to be the cars in question here. You cant go wrong with either. You do have to have a Terminator at some point in life. They are that fun. This coming from a guy who had a PAID FOR 99 SS H/C/Full bolt on and more.....

Last edited by JayplaySS; 03-17-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 PM

How much would one with the good stuff already on it cost me?
A really good one is about $24-26K. Check Ebay, some very nice ones.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
honestly from lots of experience, you would be lucky to even break the 10k mark parting it out.

I'll take your word for it, thats what I was afraid of too. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright Jay, Ill keep you updated on my mood. If I get one I would like it to already be built, so we will see how it goes. Also, Ill be in Panama in June if you wanna meet up.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Alright Jay, Ill keep you updated on my mood. If I get one I would like it to already be built, so we will see how it goes. Also, Ill be in Panama in June if you wanna meet up.
No problem.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't believe you are actually considering this....
Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I can't believe you are actually considering this....

Did you look at the SB Cobra in this thread? Exactly what Im looking for. I would take this over a C5Z anyday and I used to work at Chevy and drove them more than a few times. Thats just me though. There are guys who go Cobra to C5Z and then back and vice versa. They both rock, but you know what I prefer.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=458899
Old 03-17-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its just a thought. If I did it and did not like it I can go back. I may just wait till the Z is paid for and then get a termi. Its just a car I wanted to experience. I am also thinking about selling and getting a C6. So there are a few options I am kicking around.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Its just a thought. If I did it and did not like it I can go back. I may just wait till the Z is paid for and then get a termi. Its just a car I wanted to experience. I am also thinking about selling and getting a C6. So there are a few options I am kicking around.

In all honesty, I would pay your C5Z off and then get a Cobra if you still have the desire. I personally dont see much difference between the C5 and C6 to justfy getting rid of the Z you have. Cobras should be a little cheaper then too.