General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just picked up my new G8, red and nasty

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by locrzn
these cars really remind me of a beeeemer. But faster.
a beemer is a motorcycle. a bimmer is a car.

sure..it's faster than some BMWs.. but i doubt it's going to run an M3 or M5.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

Why can't 335I's be 30K
Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, no pics today, just got home and its raining and the car is now dirty. I messed up by saying it was an ls3, mistakes are for old people and I'm kinda old. It is an L76.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, about the beeemer, bimmmer. Its probably not as fast as an m3, but, cheaper also.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeh, these cars are new to me. I just picked it up. I'm an old drag racers who used to run 9.70's in a 68 nova on the back bumper for 300 feet, prostreet malibu with a 383 storker and a prostreet 70 nova with stroker motor. I know a little about going fast, just not these cars. You guys know what a 9/16 stoker motor is? Some might and most of you don't. I'm also building a 95 short bed with a 6.0 truck motor, thats gonna have just a little more hp then this L76. So, sorry about the mistakes, we all make them. When you get old like me you'll probably make some too.
see ya
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Launching!

um did u check to see if its a GT.. might wanna look for that first.. then you'll know your engine for sure.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

What?!?! No pics? That should be a crime...
Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Those are awesome looking cars. I could not believe how big the back seat is and the trunk inside. I just saw one at a pontiac dealer and they wanted $10k over sticker. Another dealer has 3 and is only asking 3k over sticker($35k).
Big article in Motortrend this month. They put it up against the new Charger R/T. G8 wins. Their test claims 13.8 @102.8 in the 1/4 and 361hp.
Anyway... CONGRATS!!! on an awesome ride.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Like anyone would pay over sticker for ANY Gm
Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Trans fan, wtf dude, did you check your brain to see if your a smart ***. I made a mistake, so, deal with it, when your car runs in the 9's let me know. All you smart asses on this forum, not all, haven't built a motor, set up a rear end, stood it up on the back bumper. Your used to buying a programmer, sending your stuff off somewhere to have it done. Thanks for the welcome. Call it wtfuw, its a 6.0, all aluminum, package it the way you want, ls1, ls2, ls3, l76. If you opened the hood you couldn't tell the difference. You haven't got one and I do. Yeh its a Gt, don't fwm. I agree, this car is not worth over the sticker price. I didn't pay over the sticker and no one should. If I ruffled some feathers, tuff ****, you guys with the smart mouths don't know me and I don't know you. However, we are different, I wouldn't trash someone because they made a mistake, maybe if they lied. I listened to the dealer who didn't know these cars at all. I came on this forum to learn, obviously I was wrong, I learned nothing. All you that were helpful, thanks.
see ya
FO
Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by locrzn
Trans fan, wtf dude, did you check your brain to see if your a smart ***. I made a mistake, so, deal with it, when your car runs in the 9's let me know. All you smart asses on this forum, not all, haven't built a motor, set up a rear end, stood it up on the back bumper. Your used to buying a programmer, sending your stuff off somewhere to have it done. Thanks for the welcome. Call it wtfuw, its a 6.0, all aluminum, package it the way you want, ls1, ls2, ls3, l76. If you opened the hood you couldn't tell the difference. You haven't got one and I do. Yeh its a Gt, don't fwm. I agree, this car is not worth over the sticker price. I didn't pay over the sticker and no one should. If I ruffled some feathers, tuff ****, you guys with the smart mouths don't know me and I don't know you. However, we are different, I wouldn't trash someone because they made a mistake, maybe if they lied. I listened to the dealer who didn't know these cars at all. I came on this forum to learn, obviously I was wrong, I learned nothing. All you that were helpful, thanks.
see ya
Well if they would have read and followed the advice in my previous post this would not have happened. I'll apologize on there behalf, give the forum a chance. Most of us, I would say 99 percent are helpful, nice and easy going people. If you stick around you will find that out and learn a lot about the lsx platform along the way. As for all the childish remarks about an honest mistake you made, just brush them off. You are the one with the newest lsx out on the street, not them. Welcome to the forum, give it a chance and you will find out what I said about the majority of us is true.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Well if they would have read and followed the advice in my previous post this would not have happened. I'll apologize on there behalf, give the forum a chance. Most of us, I would say 99 percent are helpful, nice and easy going people. If you stick around you will find that out and learn a lot about the lsx platform along the way. As for all the childish remarks about an honest mistake you made, just brush them off. You are the one with the newest lsx out on the street, not them. Welcome to the forum, give it a chance and you will find out what I said about the majority of us is true.
+1 well said, when i was new, granted i still i kinda am, i got all kinds of remarks. there are some that are quick to point out mistakes, but most on the board are very helpful and have steered me in the right direction. so give it a chance, overall its a great community, and pics asap
Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

So call me ignorant but I'm interested in the specs on the L76. Heck I thought it was just the intake thats going on my motor. Whats the size of this engine. I did not know that they had already made ls3 heads for the smaller bore engines.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Those heads are better than ls2 heads. Tuned for 93 it would probably clear 400 with no other modifications.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

+2 for what whosNXT said

P.S. If you want to really **** with people ask a question that could have been solved with search feature. Now thats funny. People will jump all over you for not searching. Ha ha...

Also dude we don't care if its dirty... WE JUST WANT TO SEE IT, PLEASE.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
Those heads are better than ls2 heads. Tuned for 93 it would probably clear 400 with no other modifications.
Yep, they are the L92 heads. They are based off of the LS3 head, just made for the smaller bore of the L76. With a high octane tune, and just minor bolt ons...CAI, lts, cat back, they are seeing gains of 50+hp. Which move the L76 ahead of the LS2 and up there with the LS3.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The L76 is an insane motor. Full bolt ons and it is going to be scary. I think the highest tuned Ive seen is 338 HP and 356 lb ft which is insane considering the A6 and IRS.

I LOVE the red!! Great buy!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In an event to change the tone in this thread...Nice buy OP. Im a fan of the new G8's. Did you get the pics yet? I see youre from the lake maybe ill see you around. como and jeff city is where i hang around but i might make a few trips down there who knows.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Launching!

lol damn someone can't take a joke. no i dont drive a four dour sedan like you im so jealous... if u cant take a small joke i feel sorry for you. yea ur gt sedan if u do have one is a nice car just nothing i'd ever buy... no pics yet.. how hard is that to do. i know when i recently got my new car i took several pics. id like to see ur ls3 snicker dont get mad haha in action too take a vid burnin ur tires off and take ahot bath and relax too gah dang cry me a river ppl roast on cars all day long in some of these forums. i take jokes lightly they're nothing personal ppl get called gay on here they dont cry about it
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Launching!

oh yea and a tip of advice never listen to a dealer... i went test driving 350z's and i knew it was an 06 because of no bump in the hood he was wrong said it was an 07 which meant the redone engine which i knew about. If im about to buy a car i always do my homework i know the headroom all that stuff.. i know u had to have looked up read about something about the engine looked on the website even...

Quick Reply: Just picked up my new G8, red and nasty