General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do these HP #'s match the mod list??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these HP #'s match the mod list??

Hey guys, I am looking at purchasing a TA next week and wanted to see what you guys think about the numbers. The mod list is as followed:

Pace Setter LTs
Thunder racing X-pipe to Bullet mufflers that turn down just before the rear.
Intake is a K&N filter, Induction Lid, Smooth bellow, and LS6 intake
SPEC stage 3 clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Ford racing 36lbs red top injectors
ASP underdrive pullies
Melling high flow oil pump
double roller timing chain
Comp cams custom grind cam and valvetrain components. cam specs are a 238 244 .603 .613 112LSA

The vehicle was tuned here at a local shop with a very good reputation and there dyno reads a little low. The car put out 380whp and 380wtq. I thought that seemed a little low with the mod list. Am I correct or am I wrong? The car looks emaculant and is loud as fawk, really looking heavy into purchasing it. Thanks for any help..............
Old 04-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jeramey
Hey guys, I am looking at purchasing a TA next week and wanted to see what you guys think about the numbers. The mod list is as followed:

Pace Setter LTs
Thunder racing X-pipe to Bullet mufflers that turn down just before the rear.
Intake is a K&N filter, Induction Lid, Smooth bellow, and LS6 intake
SPEC stage 3 clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Ford racing 36lbs red top injectors
ASP underdrive pullies
Melling high flow oil pump
double roller timing chain
Comp cams custom grind cam and valvetrain components. cam specs are a 238 244 .603 .613 112LSA

The vehicle was tuned here at a local shop with a very good reputation and there dyno reads a little low. The car put out 380whp and 380wtq. I thought that seemed a little low with the mod list. Am I correct or am I wrong? The car looks emaculant and is loud as fawk, really looking heavy into purchasing it. Thanks for any help..............
those seem just right, if not really good if you ask me, big donkey dick cam doesnt always meen big power... put in a 23x/23x XER cam and id bet you might pick up alil and alot in the mid and low rpms.
and those big injectors seem suspicious, there is no need for those, the only reason some one would put those in a stock displacement motor is if they had nitrous or FI so becareful of wat youre buying if you find out it had N2O DONT BUY IT!!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kevin's_00ss
those seem just right, if not really good if you ask me, big donkey dick cam doesnt always meen big power... put in a 23x/23x XER cam and id bet you might pick up alil and alot in the mid and low rpms.
and those big injectors seem suspicious, there is no need for those, the only reason some one would put those in a stock displacement motor is if they had nitrous or FI so becareful of wat youre buying if you find out it had N2O DONT BUY IT!!
Thanks alot man. Glad to know the numbers seem right one, I am not an expert at LS1's at the moment so thanks for the comment. I all ask him about the big injectors.

Do you guys think this car would get half decent gas milage or shitty gas milage compared to a stock one?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Thanks alot man. Glad to know the numbers seem right one, I am not an expert at LS1's at the moment so thanks for the comment. I all ask him about the big injectors.

Do you guys think this car would get half decent gas milage or shitty gas milage compared to a stock one?
probably some where in the teens... 6 speed guys claim like 28mpg but dont belive it maybe if you drive none stop at a constant speed in 6th gear on the highway... but real world like id say 12 city 15 mixed 18 highway....

my car has simalar mods but stalled auto i make 7-10 city 12 mixed 15 high way
Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Teching In

probably some where in the teens... 6 speed guys claim like 28mpg but dont belive it maybe if you drive none stop at a constant speed in 6th gear on the highway... but real world like id say 12 city 15 mixed 18 highway....

my car has simalar mods but stalled auto i make 7-10 city 12 mixed 15 high way
Damn, thats kinda rouf being a daily and gas prices these days. Due to the exhaust system being 3" turn down before the rear, the car is loud as all hell. Anyway to quite it down some since it will be my daily or not really?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Damn, thats kinda rouf being a daily and gas prices these days. Due to the exhaust system being 3" turn down before the rear, the car is loud as all hell. Anyway to quite it down some since it will be my daily or not really?
put high flow catts on it youll only lose like 5hp, or you can take it to a shop and have the pipes extend out to the back this will queit it down the long the pipes the quieter it is, my 3 inch true dual set up is high flow cats x-pipe and bullets under axle all the way back.. is pretty quiet but not to quiet
Old 04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Teching In

put high flow catts on it youll only lose like 5hp, or you can take it to a shop and have the pipes extend out to the back this will queit it down the long the pipes the quieter it is, my 3 inch true dual set up is high flow cats x-pipe and bullets under axle all the way back.. is pretty quiet but not to quiet
Yeah I was thinking about extending both pipes to the rear, it just sounds like a damn NHRA car right now lol. I will question him on the big injectors. Any reason at all besides spray why he would put those in it?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Yeah I was thinking about extending both pipes to the rear, it just sounds like a damn NHRA car right now lol. I will question him on the big injectors. Any reason at all besides spray why he would put those in it?
the only of reason is IF and i mean IF he is the type of guy that has money and want every thing to be done right and wants the best of everything. but those are far and few between..

I was think of buying my brother's 39lb injecters off his Cobra if he ever went to 60lbs but that was cause i kinda want to do a small shot off spray.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

those numbers seem low
Old 04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Any other opinions??
Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 AM

Numbers are off. First off, the TQ should be lower than the HP due to a cammed car.

And as stated a big A$$ Donky DK cam does not mean big power. I put down better power than that with my TR224 when I was Cam only.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Numbers are off. First off, the TQ should be lower than the HP due to a cammed car.

And as stated a big A$$ Donky DK cam does not mean big power. I put down better power than that with my TR224 when I was Cam only.
Yeah I am not saying I think it should be alot more due to big cam, just seeing what others thought about the numbers it put out. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Well, since you mentioned LS6 intake in your mods, I am assuming you have a 98-00 car. With the bigger cams, they need a good set of heads to really let them breathe. Those numbers seem just right for the setup you have. Take it to the track and gets some ETs
Old 04-27-2008, 11:54 AM

The rwhp & rwtq #'s being the same are a red flag to me. I would say the tune is off. #'s should cross @ 5250 rpm. With HP taking off over the TQ.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1WICKDZ
Well, since you mentioned LS6 intake in your mods, I am assuming you have a 98-00 car. With the bigger cams, they need a good set of heads to really let them breathe. Those numbers seem just right for the setup you have. Take it to the track and gets some ETs
Yeah it is a 99 TA, my bad for not stating that earlier.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by davered00ss
The rwhp & rwtq #'s being the same are a red flag to me. I would say the tune is off. #'s should cross @ 5250 rpm. With HP taking off over the TQ.
Yeah I just rounded the #'s to 380, the actual numbers are 374hp and 377tq, so the tourque is a tad higher then the HP.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the 36 injectors it was chuggin down the bottles with some big jets but who knows maybe not. No need for them with those mods unless it either was FI or had the bottle on it. Heck even with most H/C you don't need injectors with a walbro pump. The injectors are than probably maxed but my point is don't get all giddy on one vehicle alone, make sure its in good shape. Lots of cars out there.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 PM

HP should be higher than Tq, not the other way around on the mods of that car.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Also, 99's had 853 heads like 00, not the 806 heads like the 98's. Heads should not be a problem.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds pretty good to me.