General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

POS restricted clutch line!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POS restricted clutch line!!!!

jus got done goin for a little joyride and once again i got the clutch stuck half down thing which caused me to miss 4th and over rev, this is like the
3rd time its done it lately, has this already caused damage to the engine i dont know about it didnt rly to do bad jus hit the limiter and everything sounds and feels good i guess im just paranoid, cars going in the shop tomoro for catback and the drill mod!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The limiter is to protect the motor from damage.

I'd do the drill mod to that line.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

yep drill mod and catback are scheduled for tommorow hope that completely fixes it
Old 04-30-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone think i alrdy hurt her? still sounds fine and all, i just didnt go in 4th it didnt go in the wrong gear so i think its ok
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen the drill mod mentioned a hundred times, what is the drill mod? search not working by the way.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright heres wat the drill mod is......when gm built are cars they got a genious dam idea and decided to put a restriction in the line from the master to the transmission so when you launch hard it heats the clutch and fluid up and it doesnt pass correctly through that dam restriction causing your clutch pedal to stick halfway down which will make you miss shift which could damage your engine....the drill mod is boring that restriction out of the master line
Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by binks0678
alright heres wat the drill mod is......when gm built are cars they got a genious dam idea and decided to put a restriction in the line from the master to the transmission so when you launch hard it heats the clutch and fluid up and it doesnt pass correctly through that dam restriction causing your clutch pedal to stick halfway down which will make you miss shift which could damage your engine....the drill mod is boring that restriction out of the master line
I see, thanks. I haven't experienced this problem. Was it only earlier models or highly modified cars bring out the problem or random or what? BTW I often go through the first 2 or 3 gears quite aggressively (every onramp I get a chance )
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

mines bone stock and it does it when i launch hard, and i think there were some years that didnt have it but dont kno which ones, it never does it to me unless im start from a complete stop and lauch it