General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ever get discouraged?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
^^^^^^^^^^^ gas is projected to be ~$7/gal by next year
Can you back that up??? Not calling BS, but i would love to see where that projection is made.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

I get discouraged sometimes when I'm wrenching away on long projects over the winter and stuff, but when I go out to meets I couldn't care less what other people have. I worked for my car and I like it. I honestly can say I wouldn't trade my car for a lot of cars worth a lot more than mine.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont really get discouraged... because i know those people with the nice lambos and all that bs payed out the *** to have that car... the only time i have been stressed is putting an opti on my car and when i put it all back together it didnt run right because it was out of time... and after tearing it down 6 times total and trying to realign everything it still didnt start and we ran out of time to do it, so i am paying someone to fix something that i should have been able to do... that sucks and i feel embarrased, but then again when i see the cars that have small bolt ons done to it and the people payed like $82190635 for just installation, then i feel a little better considering i at least tried lol
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Do I ever get frustrated with my car. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me my car has been through many stages. When I first got it from Carmax off of 595 in SF. I had had two other f-bod's before it. One was a full bolt-on 2000z-28 A/T. The other was a stock 2001 z-28 6M with just borla and a kN filter. My current formula with 2001 A/T felt slow *** dog **** compared to the other vehicles. Then I got the modding bug again. The damn gremlin just will not go away. I went from a full bolt -on ls1 in my ride that blew up bc I hydrolocked it. Then replaced with a Jasper Ls1 engine with same bolt-on's. Then about 4k miles after the engine my tranny blew out. Then I decided to go insane and buy a vortech aftercooled kit for my car. Thatn wen't great until too much boost and power destroyed the infamous 7th cylinder. I replaced the tranny the first time with a stock 05 gto tranny with a small stall. Well the tranny did not like all the power and boost either. So then I got an Ls2 now which is running great. So this is my third engine. I as well replaced my shot 2nd transmission with a built gto one finally with a small stall as well. So yes I feel your pain. 3 engines and three transmissions in the same damn car. In between tuning, install, actual purchases and stuff. I have spent $15,000 for the supercharger kit, install, tune, new engine, install new tranny, and install. The car is presently worth $10,000 give or take. Remember this $15,000 included only the stuff above and not the other pair of engine's or transmissions. This $15,000 was spent in a matter of 6 months none the less. Ugh!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

honestly i may get jealous that they have more power but there will always be someone bigger and badder. besides honestly can you ever use 800rwhp on the street? to that extent its pointless imo. i want a stout, reliable car that i could dd if i chose to. people can keep there lambos, vipers, porsches thats not for me. my actual honest to god dream car is a nbm 02 ta firehawk m6 with charcoal interior and i wouldnt touch a thing on it. different strokes for different folks.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i get discoraged sometimes but i love my car love working on it and enjoy the **** out of it it may not be the fastest or cleanest but i love it
Old 05-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Teching In

:You think you get discouraged, I feel your pain. I have a 91 Mustang GT with a 306, full exhaust ( headers, prochamber, mac dumps ), roller rockers, ect, ect, ect... Oh yeah, I have a kenne bell pushing 12 psi . There are all kinds of econo 4 doors that are pushing out 50 less horse than I am ( but are alot slower still ), but the owners get all cocky cause they have XXX amounto of HP. But I love smoking them.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

never turn your back on you car - you will regret it when its gone. i still have my first car for that reason. it is never enough thou. no matter how much you spend it is never gonna be fast enough! and there will always be someone faster out there thou. but it is what we do, it is how i get my fix! not by spending $$ drugs or buying nice clothes or **** like that. its bangin gears or extracting power, tuning the combination man! thats what it is about.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bzettler83
Not to mention you will never see a Ferarri or Lambo race, always some over paid ******* in the drivers seat.

You sir are wrong. I've seen a few take tha bait, and get reeled in.

Also....boo hoo..he makes alot of money.....he drives a lambo/exotic car....Who cares...just look to that as a goal to achieve in your life.

I for one look to people who make alot of money as someone I want to be one day.