General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ever get discouraged?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever get discouraged?

Just wondering if any of you guys ever get discouraged about modding your car? Like after doing my mods and getting ready for another set of mods soon, pouring my hard earned money and time into it, and then going to meets and seeing guys with TT vipers, TT cobras, TT vettes etc...putting down crazy numbers... And knowing that i'll probably never be able to own something like these cars and then it just makes modding my car seem pointless sometimes, ya know? I love my T.A. dont get me wrong, its my pride and joy and around my small town its one of the nicer performance cars out of me and my buddys... But goin down towards the DFW area and seeing some amazing machines that guys have just makes mine look like a piece...

It almost makes me want to get a truck or something and call it quits sometimes, but i dont think i could ever turn my back on my f-body... Sorry for the rant but im just curious if some of yall feel the same?
Old 05-03-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or, when your car doesn't seem as fast as newer econo cars or four-doors? Yep.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

You cant compare yourself to what other people have. When a lambo or a ferrari pull up to them they probably think as you are. They may be faster but its still not the same. It should never be about trying to keep up, but what you enjoy.
--You should never say that you couldnt have one of those machines, anyone can, its just how bad do you want it. Keep your head up.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

very good aspect ws6drop...im only 21, who knows what the future the holds
Old 05-03-2008, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

its crazy that some of these new sedans are soo fast.... thats why I sold the TA for a vette...... C5 Z05 is still one of the faster cars on the road.... I get beat from time to time by TT 911 or C6 Z06 and soon ZR1, but I can work just about anything else....

Not to mention you will never see a Ferarri or Lambo race, always some over paid ******* in the drivers seat.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

...or what about the feeling you get after modding and the dreaded SES comes on for no apparent reason, and you have to frikkin' start diagnosing every little thing. Then you THINK you might have figured out the problem and can only cross your fingers as you order what you HOPE is the right piece to fix the problem!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FST-Z
...or what about the feeling you get after modding and the dreaded SES comes on for no apparent reason, and you have to frikkin' start diagnosing every little thing. Then you THINK you might have figured out the problem and can only cross your fingers as you order what you HOPE is the right piece to fix the problem!
thats one of the reasons im scared to do big mods... i want my car to be reliable. i dont want to spend money on something that just shortens its life... O ****. EPIPHANY! i guess i should quit smoking ciggarettes then. also i keep thinking to myself, if i get heads ill need a rear end and that will probably be 5k together, so why not just spend another couple grand to get an aps tt kit. then i think... thats a lot of money that could potentially help buy me a house...
Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

thats one of the reasons im scared to do big mods... i want my car to be reliable. i dont want to spend money on something that just shortens its life... O ****. EPIPHANY! i guess i should quit smoking ciggarettes then. also i keep thinking to myself, if i get heads ill need a rear end and that will probably be 5k together, so why not just spend another couple grand to get an aps tt kit. then i think... thats a lot of money that could potentially help buy me a house...
Ahhh yes, priorities SUCK. I guess for guys like us, patience is virtue dude.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I get frustrated, but not really because of that. If I had the money I would make my car just as fast as them. I get more frustrated when stuff starts breaking or the car make creaks and rattles.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

yeh...i wanna do H/C/I but then ill need a new rear end and built tranny etc....thats what makes me not want to mod anymore...and i feel ya on the creaks and rattles
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

I feel ya. People around here have entirely too much money. I can't compete with all these stroked TT Vipers, Supras, and everything else. That's why I'm throwing the towel in and getting a sportbike. 10 sec. bone stock bike and 50MPG
Old 05-03-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NEVER do I get discouraged with my cars, because I love them and they are my passion! I do it for me, I don't care what people think of them or who's car is faster. There will always be someone who has more $$$ to spend=faster car!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

destru: u got more ***** than me...i would kill myself on a rocket

LT1 dan: its not that i care what people think...its the fact that im slow as **** compared to those cars, lol...o well...more incentive to get rich! ha
Old 05-03-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

i never really get discouraged, i mean i havent gotten too deep into modding yet because being a college student doesnt really allow it, but regardless someone will always be faster....i love my car, although by a lot of stardards it is slow, I enjoy working on it though and making it my own, no matter how small the mods...and go race a honda, thatll brighten your day!

you are comparing yourself to the wrong people, haha.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Get a new civic, that's some performace lol.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

It can get discouraging looking at it like youre looking at it but look at it this way. Enjoy YOUR car and your mods. Who cares about the other guy? There will always be those few people who have a little more money, a little faster car, a little bigger house etc. Just enjoy yours and have fun.

Nobody has the fastest car so just enjoy the hobby and try to master the art of NOT comparing yourself to others in any way, shape or form. Really.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. There is always somebody faster.
2. The sooner you accept #1, the more enjoyable the car is.

Essentially, what he^ said

-J
Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i never get discouraged from adding mods to my car.......i always enjoy every new piece i put on it. the way i see it, with the upgraded suspension setup i have, my car is more fun to drive than probably 95% of the rest of the cars on the road. and it's only going to get better when i get my new wheels back from Centerline and i go from 245-width tires to 275-width tires. it's not all about straight-line performance, some people (like myself) are perfectly happy to have a car that can handle extremely well, even if it's down on power compared to other people's cars.

the only thing i've added so far, power-wise, is an air lid & K&N filter, which is pretty much a negligible performance upgrade.....but even as close to stock as it is in terms of power, it's still enough to get me into a lot of trouble, if i let it. sure, i want more power, but i still enjoy my car for what it is. if someone else looks down on me because their car has more power, then whatever.....it's them that has the problem, not me. i'm content (for the time being), and will just continue to add parts as i'm able.

no doubt it would be nice to have some high-dollar TT or SC setup, but it's just not in the cards for me at this point in time. i make the best of what i've got, play the cards i've been dealt.

just remember, there's always someone faster, and always a nicer ride out there. who cares? enjoy what you've got.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

I ran into this when I was first getting into bodybuilding. The same rule applies to pretty much everything in life. Someone is always bigger/faster/more money/bigger dick/etc. You get the idea. Thats not the attitude to have going through life. You gotta enjoy what you have, what your abilities/cash flow allow you to do. Otherwise your going to die an old man at his own pity party because he could never out do everyone at everything.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I get discouraged sometimes also, but once you start its so hard to stop putting money into your car. For me at least.