General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What to get
LS6 intake $350 shipped
0%
Full exhaust $400
100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Tough decision to make

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tough decision to make

Ok here is my dilemma, I found a used LS6 intake for $350 shipped, but also have the oppurtunity to buy what looks like a full exhaust system for $400. Exhaust is Jethot LT headers and dual w/X pipe exhaust. Mufflers are 18" bullets with 4" banzai round with slant cut tips. Problem is the guys says it is going to need some welding cause it is an over-the-axle setup. sugeestions appreciated.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put the pipes on.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Exhaust
Old 05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Id say go with the ls6 unless you plan on making some pretty decent numbers. I've heard they flow pretty well up until around 430hp or so? After that a Fast 90 or something of the like would be better. Although i do believe you wont really get the full effect of the ls6 without some exhaust work (something like headers) but I'd start there and work my way back. Someone correct me if im wrong but its about a 15-20 hp gain?

Dont take my word for it though.....Im an lt1 owner

Edit: looking at the prices....go with exhaust...hands down
Old 05-04-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zdc590
Id say go with the ls6 unless you plan on making some pretty decent numbers. I've heard they flow pretty well up until around 430hp or so? After that a Fast 90 or something of the like would be better. Although i do believe you wont really get the full effect of the ls6 without some exhaust work (something like headers) but I'd start there and work my way back. Someone correct me if im wrong but its about a 15-20 hp gain?

Dont take my word for it though.....Im an lt1 owner

Edit: looking at the prices....go with exhaust...hands down
Well, here is the deal with these. I won't see the full effect of either without the other. The stock exhaust is going to restrict the extra air from the LS6, maybe not buy much, i am almost 100% certain you don't see quite the gains as with exhaust work. As for the exhaust, i am trying to not buy it out from under someone right now, seeing as we re a fairly tight knit community on the island here. I figure the gains when combined are going to be around 30 whp, but I could be wrong on that again. Thanks for the advice, keep it coming guys.