General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

low milage not always good

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Low mileage wasn't your problem. It was the prior owner. I can assure you that if you bought my 12,000 mile T/A there would be NO issues, and I am sure I can speak for many of the other low mileage owners out there as well.
+1 my 98 has 28k on it and had sat indoors for the better part of the last 3yrs

No problems................
Old 05-16-2008, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Like the old saying goes, "If you don't use it, you lose it."
False.

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Low mileage wasn't your problem. It was the prior owner. I can assure you that if you bought my 12,000 mile T/A there would be NO issues, and I am sure I can speak for many of the other low mileage owners out there as well.

Agreed. My ’98 Z28 has 14k miles, and it has ZERO problems. But it’s been stored indoors since day one, and properly cared for during storage (filters/fluids/etc kept current, measures taken to prevent moisture build-up, etc.).

If you have a low mileage car with problems due to sitting, then it's either because the car was stored outside in harsh conditions, or the owner didn't know how to properly care for a limited-use car.

People who store their cars on jack stands will likely have suspension issues. Not sure why people still do this, modern steel belted Z-rated tires won’t permanently flat spot over a winter, but letting the suspension hang will certainly do damage in the long term.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea low mileage is not an issue with proper care. I know a guy with a 3K mile 2002 SS and that car has ZERO issues. My own Z28 with 12K on it sat for over 2 1/2 yrs at one time but it was thoroughly prepped before hand and I had ZERO issues when I put it back in commission.