General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hit and run on my baby!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bet it was your wife that wrecked it jk jk. Yea that seems like an easy fix, sucks though some dick ran though
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that bumper will clean up with some detailing. I also think the others are right that you can get a new headlight bucket from a junk yard already in white. Don't think it should cost too much if you do it yourself. If she wants it fixed by a bodyshop before you get back you may get raped. You are lucky that hood wasn't damaged. REAL LUCKY! They cost a small fortune.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
Hope everything works out, and as stated above, clean that bird **** off it'll fade your paint.
I think some dude hit his car, and then he spit chew on it.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Well, finally got the results back. Those dirty mother fuc#ers at Offutt collision repair want 700 dollars. And by the way, the only thing damaged is the actual head light cover. It says right on the estimate "Parts: 56.95" They decided that my wife was not smart enough to know what getting ripped off feels like as they wanted to charge her 150 JUST for painting it, and then tried to tell her that he was going to have to charge her an additional 500 dollars in labor to buff it so it looked like the old parts. I get that the tint won't match exactly if you put factory paint codes on there. That's why a good shop would tint the new paint to match! Are they fuc#ing kidding? 500 dollars in labor to replace and paint a 50 dollar part?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:06 AM
12 Second Club

dude i had a bodyshop do my berger panel with some badass 3M **** and it was 225 not much prep but still should have been more work then a headlight cover and hitting a bumper with a buff