General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Should I keep Modding T/A or Get A New ZO6
Keep Modding T/A to 450 rwhp
31.58%
Get a New Corvette ZO6
68.42%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Keep Modding T/A or get a 2007-08 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

usually when someone makes a thread like this they want it to have a certain outcome and they know what it is in the back of their mind. While the outcome they want may not be the most practical or best for them, they still want someone to tell them to do it. I don't know your situation (girlfriend, wife, kids, job, etc.) so I can't help you make a decision. If I were in your shoes as far as decision wise with the cars I would look for a house and mod your t/a only if you really want too (mods don't increase resale so if you really want that z you better save a little). The market for home buyers is crazy right now and there are some insane deals. Hell, when the market gets better sell the house, make a huge profit and get a new zr1 or whatever is out by then and you can keep the t/a and have money left over.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow I just checked the date from the post before yours.... anyways I bought a house in swap for a vette, kept my ws6, park it in my own garage, and get to bring over the girl to my own house that NO ONE else lives in so we can do whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want..... get the picture? I love having my own house and knowing my money is being put into something that I will get it back out of. You know as well as I do if you get a Z06 you will be broke trying to make it faster and faster just like your TA. That will never end and you will NEVER get back the money you throw into the car. My car is on the backburner at least until christmas then next year its back on with heads and cam. My opinion is WHY ARE YOU ASKING OTHERS TO SPEND YOUR MONEY??? Its your f'n money so make your own decision and be happy with it.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

crap b0pric01 beat me to it, i need to type faster
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

LOL and I'm on my iPhone. It's funny we were on the same page though.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I forgot to mention that I live in an apartement. How would A ZO6 look parked in an apartment complex rather than a house. Heads/Cam/ Intake and gears are pretty awsome. For half the price of a ZO6.
just me, but if you are renting why on earth would you buy something so darn expensive? i'd rather own a house with a ta in the garage than rent a apartment with 70,000 dollar car in a parking lot getting dinged up and constantly messed with.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

The house sounds awesome. Plus i see ALOT more C6's than Trans Ams now. The Trans Am is a keeper.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

like Reign said, the T/A is more rare of a car, and if it's modded up, there are very few cars on the road that look sexier. the c6 z06 is a bad *** ride, but unless i just had a stupid amount of money laying around, i would not purchase one. you can have a trans am that turns every head on the road for 25k (and be able to buy a nice house), or you can have a c6 z06 that just turns a few car enthusiasts heads for about 60k (and still live in your apt).

not only that, you CAN make the T/A handle and ride very well, just look through some of the suspension forums and talk to those guys about their cars. The suspension systems on these cars are not trash, like some of these guys are making you think. f bodies are hampered with shitty shocks from the factory, so everyone thinks these cars are doomed to ride and handle like **** forever.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks really helps.