General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My car rides like shit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My car rides like ****

Went to jacksonville last night from orlando and jesus my car rides like ***..Theres so much road noise! I think i might have a tire off balance or something cause it doesnt ride like i think it should. Car has springs and LCA's but thats about it. Im starting to think i should throw down some money for a nice set of koni's
Anybody else feel as though its not the nicest ride?

Last edited by z28_YOU_HO; 06-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I really hate the way the rearend lurches and crashes over bumps.

When hitting bumps going around curves it sometimes feels like the *** end is skipping sideways.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Mine also rides like complete *** on the street. I have stock front struts, and comp. eng. rear drag shocks in the back, set to 50/50 and its harsh as hell!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike

When hitting bumps going around curves it sometimes feels like the *** end is skipping sideways.
The *** end is skipping sideways. That's what happens in a car with a live axle...
Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
Went to jacksonville last night from orlando and jesus my car rides like ***..Theres so much road noise! I think i might have a tire off balance or something cause it doesnt ride like i think it should. Car has springs and LCA's but thats about it. Im starting to think i should throw down some money for a nice set of koni's
Anybody else feel as though its not the nicest ride?
If you are using lowering springs with stock shocks, that is your problem. The stock shocks suck, I read that they ride and handle a worse with lowering springs.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 AM
12 Second Club

I'm with ya man. I'm just about ready to go back to stock springs, it'll feel like a Cadillac to me .
Old 06-23-2008, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
The *** end is skipping sideways. That's what happens in a car with a live axle...
*thats what happens when your shocks cannot control your rear end.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike

I know what you're saying. When I first got my Camaro it really caught me off guard, now I've kinda gotten used to it skipping around heh.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

If i giggle the steering wheel back and forth the *** end shakes all over the place. Thats what bothers me the most.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

I just put Konis and Strano Springs on my car, it rides totally different now. When you turn the wheel, the car doesnt squat nearly as much as it used to, it just carves the turns. I have driven many cars (I am a valet), and I can say that handling wise it is almost as nimble as a 3 series BMW, and the ride is very firm. The car now feels more refined and solid.
As an example, I put rear springs and shocks on before swapping the front suspension. When I drive it like this (stock front, koni/strano rear), the rear felt planted around turns while the front wanted to dart straight while swaying and bobbing without any control. Then I added the front springs/shocks and the now car tracks very well. Contact Sam Strano to discuss your situation and possibly an upgrade to Konis. The swap wasnt that hard as I am sure you know because you have springs on there. Just be prepared to spend some money.

Mike
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

i hear ya, feel like when i go around a turn with bumps im about to bust a u joint or something lol
Old 06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Koni yellow's and Strano swaybars will be going on after I return from Afganastan. I'm really hearing great things about them.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when my car was stock how nice it felt. Then I added Bilstein HDs and the Hyperflex kit, car still felt awesome. Then I went with a whole spohn rear suspension, with the chassis mounted torque arm forget it. Bang slam! Now with the roll bar in the car feels really solid though.

I did my homework once finding this site, lowering springs with stock shocks is a really bad idea, so I'm glad I never did that. In the suspension section they can recommend which shock to run with what ever spring you are using.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Im not really worried about it to much, it just kinda bothered me. I would do shocks but i think a R1 will handle pretty good

Quick Reply: My car rides like shit