General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Vette values?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette values?

I'm mystified about C5 Vette values. Some people selling want a lot, and some a reasonable/bargain price. NADA from my understanding is what the bank will lend you for that year/make/model. Kelly Blue Book is the "value" of a car. Its what insurance companies use to "adjust" their pricing.

I'm in the market for a C5Z. Looking into 02 Z's for example even with low mileage in excellent condition they are only worth $27k. I know Vette's might be a tad rare but lets face it the do depreciate just like any other car. In July the new KBB comes out and the values drop again. Should an additional 1-2k+ be "added" just cause they can? Even if it's modded the person will never get what they have invested.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone can sell a car for whatever they want. Doesn't mean they'll get it.

You can find C5Z's for under 20. I've seen them, and you typically half the cost of all mods and add them to the base price of the car (or something). I'd rather look for something stock, though, just so you know what has been done to it. If a car's in mint condition (like that plastic wrapped it) I could see some reason behind an addition 1 or 2k.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Vicinity
Anyone can sell a car for whatever they want. Doesn't mean they'll get it.

You can find C5Z's for under 20. I've seen them, and you typically half the cost of all mods and add them to the base price of the car (or something). I'd rather look for something stock, though, just so you know what has been done to it. If a car's in mint condition (like that plastic wrapped it) I could see some reason behind an addition 1 or 2k.
Amen brother! I love how the system works. You offer low and negotiate. Asking why their asking more than blue book always helps. For someone to dish out the money they got into the car modded is just wrong. The most powerful tool is to walk. There is always more cars out there.

Although the mods on this car are VERY tasteful. It has a tad over 400 whp and begging for an STS turbo system.