General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Found a ls-1 to buy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
That's probably a CAI, something like this. http://www.lmperformance.com/2387/1.html
Most of these cars will have basic mods like a cat back exhaust, CAI, wheels, etc. I think it would be wise of you to take some pictures of underneith the car, under the hood and anything else you might think is modded. Then bring those pictures here and you'll probably get all of your questions answered. Maybe even contact the previous owner if at all possible. The car looks and sounds pretty good to me btw.
Thanks everyone ill go tomorrow and get some pics with the digital camera. And about the rims.... we will cross that bridge if we get to it . And all of this talk about the rims makes me wonder if the speedo is accurate.....

Insomnia here i come, am i the only one who gets absolutely no sleep when they are about to buy a car they lovvvve?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd sell you my 02 Z28 with half the miles ( 38K ) for 11,800. It also has a new built T56 and LS6 clutch.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by simpfan21
Insomnia here i come, am i the only one who gets absolutely no sleep when they are about to buy a car they lovvvve?
I havent got much sleep since I bought my car I love! I am either doing something to it, or reading all about it. Then I have to go to work to buy stuff for it, then I come home and read more! It gets wild!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

List of common things that go out:

Window motors as a result of craptastic parts and the passenger side drawing power from the drivers. Look up Autotrix on here for the wiring bypass; it's worth the 30$ or whatever it costs.

Turn signal/Driving lights due to water entering into the casings. I think the driving lights on all the time creates heat that causes the casings to crack in areas which lets water in. Some people disable the driving lights and there's a guide on here if you search.

Headlight motors -- due to the awesomeness that is a nylon gear in the motor.

Condensation in rear lamps for some people. I drilled holes in the back of mine and it stopped but the discoloration is permanent.

Regardless, you'll love the car even with any shortcomings. Welcome to the club if you buy it.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM

Good news, got a couple more pics.... nothing too good, but it was raining pretty bad out (damn florida).

Tell me what you think! (obviously ill try to get more pics... since i have no clue how to see if anything is messed up.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Looks like a WS6, maybe debadged? or just a WS6 hood. The car has a nice wheel and tire package. As for the exhaust, i can't really tell, probably stock though. Good car for about 10K i'd say.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah dude im loving it.........
Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a raptor or firehawk hood
Old 07-06-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good. And white too.... good luck on getting the car.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORK?
looks like a raptor or firehawk hood
I think you're right, I couldn't tell if it had four nostrils or two. Maybe the SLP hood?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's the WS9 hood. Aka firehawk hood. I would try and post pictures up of the underhood so we can see if it's modded a lot more. For all you know the guy may have put on headers, an LS6 intake manifold, etc. All of the things I said would be noticeable right away by most of the members on here while you may have noticed known of it. As for price, there is another thread right now about how LS1 prices seem to keep dropping. I would try real hard to get the car for 10K even. Remember the economy sucks, gas prices are through the roof, and that car will probably be sitting on the lot for a while.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN
I think it's the WS9 hood. Aka firehawk hood. I would try and post pictures up of the underhood so we can see if it's modded a lot more. For all you know the guy may have put on headers, an LS6 intake manifold, etc. All of the things I said would be noticeable right away by most of the members on here while you may have noticed known of it. As for price, there is another thread right now about how LS1 prices seem to keep dropping. I would try real hard to get the car for 10K even. Remember the economy sucks, gas prices are through the roof, and that car will probably be sitting on the lot for a while.
lately ive been working my *** off, havent had a chance to go back... but i remember the car's shifter being very short... but i thought it was stock till i saw the interior of others with tall shifters.... short shifter on it? it didn't take a whole lot of anything to shift it, lol.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Very Nice! Love the tire and wheels! I personally like black on white cars.

Keep us in mind when your windows are making you mad....which they will.
Here is a link to our most popular item sold at the WS6store All other products are located on our site.

Have fun with the car!