General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Can't get IAC counts down! Man this is beginning to get irritating

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Can't get IAC counts down! Man this is beginning to get irritating

This thing will just NOT idle right. It surges like crazy and then stalls itself out. I looked at my idle counts and they are sitting at freaking 125-138 counts. So I figure that I need to open the throttle up a bit to get the counts down to where they should be. That way the IAC isn't compensating everything itself. I open the throttle set screw up and now it's idling at 1600... The idle doesn't change. So I look at the counts again. Still at like 130 counts. WTF? So I command the RPM to 400. The IAC should slam shut to 0 counts, right? Nope, still just chills up around 130. I would say that the IAC is just junk and is shot but earlier in the day the count was moving. It would stick at 130 and then run down to about 65, then it would start to die and it would jump back up to 130 again, so I know if it's commanded to move it will. I just don't think it's being commanded to move.

Does ANYONE have any ideas here, this is driving me nuts and I don't get flustered too easily...
Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is your vacuum? I was having the same issue and it turned out to be a broken spring
Old 07-30-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cgroh89
How is your vacuum? I was having the same issue and it turned out to be a broken spring
Vacuum is good. Lower than stock, but that's normal with a large cam. Everything on this motor is brand new so I doubt anything is broken.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

When you adjust throttle screw you need to unplug tps and turn key on for aleast 15 seconds or so turn it off and plug tps switch back in that way computer relearns blade setting and doesn't think it is open. That may explain higher idle after you adjusted the blade screw.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

car did same thing and i cleaned the maf and it works perfect now. Saved me lots of time by starting with the easiest thing.