General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Go fast vs Look good

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
EW1
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the go fast goodies and fix the mirror to see the cars you will dust.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

I'd go fast with the parts. I honestly thought this was a buy a Mustang (look good) or buy a SS (go fast)
Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Going fast is alot of fun, but looking good can be very rewarding, too.

Whether people like my car or not (either way I don't care), it gets ALOT of attention and second glances, which never fails to make me smile. Keep in mind that alot of attention isn't always a good thing though.

My car was already wrecked when I bought it, so it was a little bit different situation that what you're in, but I'm going to have this car for quite some time anyway, so I went all out on exactly how I wanted to look. It was a hell of alot of work, but it turned out how I wanted it to, and I'm very happy with that. It's a good feeling to know that I have the appearance of the car completely done (with the exception of rims) and now I can focus on spending my money on go-fast parts after I get another DD.

Either way, if you keep the car long enough and keep throwing money at it, its going to eventually get to where you want it. Just spend the money where you want to spend it, keep modding, and eventually you'll reach you're goal for the car in both areas.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DocEww I just had to point out that the trans am in your sig pic makes the gto look like a bitch! lol
EW1 I really like your opinion hehe. Makes a lot of sense as was for yours 97Z28LT1. I'll keep debating it for another day or two because i just can't pull the trigger yet!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

You could just save up some more money and do both. If it were me I would save up a little while longer and go faster than I was planning on before! Either way get the mirror fixed.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

I have had my car for near a year and havent had a chance to mod it since all my money has gone into electrical problems that have popped up. The car did come with the billet grill, rims and tinting though and i -highly- recomend the tint.

The tint makes the car look very nice, thats why a lot of show pictures you see of cars have blacked out windows, they just look nice.

Aside from that id go for headers/full exhaust system. I know i personaly hate not having the speed mods i wanted to get when i initially bought the car, expecialy because i live in an area where everyone and their sister drives a mustang and there are more than a few roush stage 1s,2s,3s, cobras, saleens and shelby gt 500 driving around.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
TECH Resident

First thing is first. Already got the maintenance stuff taken care of so next I'm gonna be dumping money into paint and bodywork. Christ these cars are already pretty fast, now I just need mine to look prettier