General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pictures of the New Camaro and ZR1 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
Jesus ******* christ I've never seen so many people bitch about a poorly taken picture. Yes, the Camaro is a bit taller over-all than the concept. I don't think it will effect the handling THAT badly. And if it does, so what? We have an aftermarket for a reason. Hi there, suspension modifications. Quit bitching.
Just tired of bulky cars, i shouldn't have to modify a brand new car.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

OMG that camaro looks like it weighs 4000 pounds.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Maybe the camaro is one of those aquatic cars. Maybe that was a way to attract more people. Hit the automotive and marine market at the same time.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 5SiX1
But... your car isn't stock
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think there is a single car on the planet that I wouldn't do at least something to. I hate bulky too though, but it's a sign of the times, unless you want to pay even more $$.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Launching!

I just like how the corvette keeps changing its model to something new. I'm glad they never did like the camaro mustang challeneger etc. and went back 50 years on the design. If they ever do a retro vette I'll be sick. I do think the camaro needs to go on slimfast on the body styling.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransFan
I just like how the corvette keeps changing its model to something new. I'm glad they never did like the camaro mustang challeneger etc. and went back 50 years on the design. If they ever do a retro vette I'll be sick. I do think the camaro needs to go on slimfast on the body styling.
Thats a little different... the original corvette was nothing like it ended up being...
Old 08-23-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the camaro is one of those aquatic cars. Maybe that was a way to attract more people. Hit the automotive and marine market at the same time.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

If they ever do a retro vette... I may even cry
Old 08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But... your car isn't stock
yeah, because i didn't buy it brand new... it's a used car you see.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Teching In

its gotta be that that guy is small. theres no way the quarter panels could come up above your bellybutton if your were at least 5'10 or so...unless that car sits really high??is that the v6 model?cause usually the higher performance cars sit much lower than the base types.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
***Repost Police***

yeah, because i didn't buy it brand new... it's a used car you see.
But you can't possibly expect manufacturers (especially such widespread manufacturers) to make products that require ZERO modification to satisfy enthusiasts. Hell, half the people that get new Z06s did AT LEAST exhaust mods, and tons of them are doing more. There are already several turbo Challenger SRT-8s. It's just the way of the game.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

But you can't possibly expect manufacturers (especially such widespread manufacturers) to make products that require ZERO modification to satisfy enthusiasts. Hell, half the people that get new Z06s did AT LEAST exhaust mods, and tons of them are doing more. There are already several turbo Challenger SRT-8s. It's just the way of the game.
agreed. You have to at least be able to beat a stocker. That is why alot of people do lid, LTs, exhaust.
Is it SOP suprisingly faster... NO. Will it beat joe shmos stock ls1.... yes
Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00_Z-28
camaro is HUGE! and speaking of huge look at the REAR breaks on the ZR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve never seen a car with rears that big ever

x2 on thanks for the picts
the rear rotors are off the front end of an enzo. My daily's got wheels significantly smaller than those rotors.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Launching!

That's the attitude that makes people settle. sorry if i dont want to buy a brand new car and have massive amounts of body roll and feel like im on the high seas when driving a winding highway.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

For everyone saying this car looks like a boat how many have ever seen it in person?
It looks much smaller in person, it only came up to mid chest on me even when raised on a platform at select car shows. (im 6'0), and how can you question that it will handle? When has chevy ever made a sports car that COULDNT handle? Cobalt SS is rated one of the best handling cars , and its FWD for god sakes. ZR1 did a 7'20 run around the 'ring. 4th gens handle amazing stock and even better with very little aftermarket. This new 5th gen has IRS, ever tried to drive a 03 cobra? Tell me it can't corner.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 AM
***Repost Police***

That's the attitude that makes people settle. sorry if i dont want to buy a brand new car and have massive amounts of body roll and feel like im on the high seas when driving a winding highway.
Well let me know next time you buy a car and you're 100% satisfied and don't want to change anything
Old 08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets try not to get off topic now. Lets just be happy that GM isnt killing the camaro like it was rumored to be a couple months ago. Enjoy the pics. My bro in law said that he saw a red ZR1 cruising I 75 near Detroit today, or maybe it was Woodward again. Anyways he said that it is eye grabbing, just like when you see a lambo or ferrari, so that is a good thing. Sounds to be different from the Z06 and C6. Camaro....well that was just the V6. I have a feeling that the Z28 or SS what ever it is will look different and sit different. I saw 4 Challengers at a Dodge lot the other day, and the one that had the smaller of the V8 and different appearance package, was alot bigger looking and not as nice looking as the SRT8 or what the hell its called. And by the way.....The Camaro is smaller than the Challanger even the one I have in the pics above.....THose Challangers look like pigs, like the new stangs. OK put my $.02 in. Ill try to get some more spy pics from up there.

Mike
Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

here's my question:

why do they put their flagship, all-star, bad-to-the-bone 'Vette.....next to....their base-model, small-engine, "boring" Camaro?

i mean, why not put the 2 badest-*** cars they make together, instead of, for lack of better simile, putting "The Hulk" with "Tinkerbell"? where's the SS?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chrger528
its gotta be that that guy is small. theres no way the quarter panels could come up above your bellybutton if your were at least 5'10 or so...unless that car sits really high??is that the v6 model?cause usually the higher performance cars sit much lower than the base types.
lol you guys kill me look at the angle in which the pic was taken. Then look at the other photos and look at the people towering above the car. And to the guy who said he shouldnt have to mod a new car, are you serious with that comment?????

- Mike