General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I Hate My Fkn Car..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I Hate My Fkn Car..........

so i get my 99 formula firebird back * i was deplyed* and while i was gone i had forged bottome end , ported heads, lunati cam, whole fkn engine built, got a stage 2 build on my T56 from Tick performance * great guys* had a new Ram VDS clutck pkg installed w/ z06 slave and a moser 12 bolt w/ 373 gears...i already have just about every damn thing BMR makes accept for the STB and the front K member...installed...so here comes trouble...

#1 on my way to get her tuned * street tune* * engine isnt broken in yet* i lose my goddamn lugnut on the drivers side rear ** car was on a tow dolly* and the wheel comes off * i put them on w/ an impact gun* and when the rotor comes down it CUT MY 17x11 Gunmetal grey ZR1 wheel IN HALF ....* i had a buddy bring me my speedlines to put on *
#2 then i get back to ga and it starts raining...while i am putting my bear eradispeed rotors on.. i had to work through that * i was going on leave*

#3 then i locked my keyes in my car some how by messing with the battery trying to hook up my radio..

#4 started the headlight gear flip mod..or wtf ever its called.. * my headlights growled at me* only to knock over the damn lamp i was using to see as it was like 10 pm ...so of COURSE the FKN lamp blows not 1 but all 3 bulbs..so now i cant fkn see anything...

#5 i get my keys back, and got soem friends to help fix the headlights..WOOT!! only to drive to Fl and my passenger side 02 sensor clippy thing comes unplugged and eats the whole goddamn sensor off the engine harness...

#6 got a new harness clippy thing from a pick and pull in FL added a maf fuse * it blew immediately* and i am back ...only to get to Fl and visit a friend of mine...and yanked my goddamn D/S header from the Y pipe. goddamn speed bumps .not a hard fix,, only today when i was crawling out of the complex my stupid **** *** SLP * GARBAGE* Y pipe decides to crack on me..and i dont have a lift or ramps to get underneath to see where at so i can fix the goddamn thing..

#7 and on top of all that...today my speedometer took a healty **** on me and thats a $55 sensor that i cant replace right now..let alone get to the damn thing if i had the freakin part...

seriously thinking about just tossin in a lit fkn zippo and letting it cook to the ground but i still owe 6500 on the car...

Old 09-13-2008, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

maby i just needed to vent...hell if i know.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. When it rains it pours, huh?

Anyway, on the bright side, those are some great mods you just had done, that car's gonna be a BEAST when you get the little things sorted out. At that piont, once you drive it, you'll love it again.

I've had love/hate relationships with all my cars too.

Good luck!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow that sucks, at least your car has character its getting back at ya for goin under the knife. seriously tho, things will get better. Hope it works out for ya.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Is it a V6 or LS1?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

yep...time to take a minute, and chew it over with a twix
Old 09-13-2008, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

thats definately some of the worst luck i've heard of. that really sucks. i bet you'll love that car again once you get everything fixed and can actually drive it with all those new mods.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude.....where should i send the whisky?

sorry to hear all those issues though
Old 09-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

you're just getting all your bad luck out of the way at one time.

just think, for the next year or so, smooth sailing.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Batman
yep...time to take a minute, and chew it over with a twix

haha..... nice!!
Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

now that's some sick badluck!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry to hear that man.. I mean we all have our days/weeks but that's a pretty hefty amount of **** to deal with.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

i have pics of the wheel carnage if anybody wants to see send me an pm..

new mods were forged bottom end, ported 241 heads, ls6 intake, 2.02 1.94 int/exh valves patriot dual gold springs..lunati cam 234/236 .544/ .545 112 lsa ported ls6 oil pump new timing chian, hardened pushrods etcetcetc...

and now my damn p/s power window motor crapped..GDAMN IT!! i have a new one for it..but it rains a lot in FL...time to go fight with it..and of course my damn hands are too big to fit....

and yes she is an LS1 car...

Last edited by Black FormulaLs1; 09-13-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah,i have a list similar to yours,lol,but you had it good. I thought about throwing in the towel but its paid for so meh,i'll keep it. long story short. Bought car and went to go pick it up,hit a semi blow out and the tire broke my bumper and both fenders,wrapped around part of the drive shaft,bending it,burning up the trans and converter,cracking the flexplate,grinding through the crank cover etc, i was only 17 and was 1000 miles from home, stuck there for 6 days and make it about 100 miles, drive shaft was never replaced like they said,hence trashing the tail shaft and in need of another tow,all in all it took me almost 10 days to get home and missed 6 days of school while my parents were out of the country. First week of driving it after it got fixed,blew the rear,both window motors,fried computer, same thing with the o2 censors, bent my drivers side header up and bent my nice catted y-pipe, and on top of all that got a hole punctured in my gas tank. Also minor other things. I FEEL YA MAN. BTW i need new paint because the trans cooler line cam off in the accident and sprayed fluid all of the car and ruined the paint. Water pump aslo.

Last edited by kclskgl; 09-13-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kclskgl
Yeah,i have a list similar to yours,lol,but you had it good. I thought about throwing in the towel but its paid for so meh,i'll keep it. long story short. Bought car and went to go pick it up,hit a semi blow out and the tire broke my bumper and both fenders,wrapped around part of the drive shaft,bending it,burning up the trans and converter,cracking the flexplate,grinding through the crank cover etc, i was only 17 and was 1000 miles from home, stuck there for 6 days and make it about 100 miles, drive shaft was never replaced like they said,hence trashing the tail shaft and in need of another tow,all in all it took me almost 10 days to get home and missed 6 days of school while my parents were out of the country. First week of driving it after it got fixed,blew the rear,both window motors,fried computer, same thing with the o2 censors, bent my drivers side header up and bent my nice catted y-pipe, and on top of all that got a hole punctured in my gas tank. Also minor other things. I FEEL YA MAN. BTW i need new paint because the trans cooler line cam off in the accident and sprayed fluid all of the car and ruined the paint. Water pump aslo.

DAAAAAAAMN
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Holy ...., you guys are not having any luck at all.

I think it's time for me to go out and talk to my T/A and tell her how good she's been, and if she keeps it up, she'll always get fed premium when she wants, and always have nice shoes on.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

damn dude, talk about a stroke of bad luck...
Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA-Swede
Holy ...., you guys are not having any luck at all.

I think it's time for me to go out and talk to my T/A and tell her how good she's been, and if she keeps it up, she'll always get fed premium when she wants, and always have nice shoes on.

if my fiance saw me doing that she would lock me out the house with my dog........but its cool, I always have my car keys and the dog likes to haul ***

best part about the camaro.....she doesn't talk back
Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn that sux dude
Old 09-13-2008, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 287 Likes on 216 Posts

Holy ****.. sorry to hear guys..I think it hits all of us from time to time..and it gets more expensive with the more mods you have..

The only thing that I had that was bad luck that led to something else was when the Oil Pump took a **** in my new 402 Stroker I just built at the time.
We were out on a Tuning Run and all the sudden started getting knock retard with a tick. I managed to get off of the highway, Oil Pressure was very good, so I thought it was a Lifter. Didn't do it on a cold start, ran like a champ. Got it to the Shop, tore it all down, installed the new $140 worth of Head Gaskets, $40 Head Bolt Kit, LS7 Lifters, and put it back together. Basically a good days hard work.
Got to it the next morning, started it up and it went knock knock knock with about 20psi Oil pressure. Had full Oil..basically I was like.

Called Summit, ordered the Head Bolts and the Head Gaskets again, then started to tear it down to take the Engine out of the Car. Tore the Engine down at the House, spun #6 Rod Bearing with very minor Piston Slap, Oil Pump Impeller had cracked. I've never seen that before, I was amazed.

Got a new Melling High-volume Oil Pump for free, got the Maching work done on the Crank cause it was bent (.010 on the Rods, .020 on the Mains), got the Clevite Bearings to fit, then started to re-assemble and install the Engine that I had just put $7k and a shitload of hours into.

Then later on down the road at the Track, it runs like a champ, cuts a 1.5X 60' with low 11's all nite, and blows the built 10-bolt on the last pass. It did it on a nice wheelie, so I was happy. Put it on the Trailer, got it home, it was down for a month, installed a Moser 9" with a Detroit True Trac, and the next day after I installed that it blew 3rd and 4th out of the built 4L65E.

So now it sits in the Garage, I said FCK the Auto Transmission and I'm putting in a built T56 since I have a 9" in it when I get back from Iraq.

Quick Reply: I Hate My Fkn Car..........