General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
I am mainly intrigued by the GTO because of its level of refinement and fit and finish. It is also a good amount of years "newer" and look a bit more up to date inside and out if you will. They are now dirt cheap, you can find a 2004 GTO with the same mileage as an LS1 SS that is 3-4 years older in the same condition for the same price.

I am concerned about the handling aspect though, most that are coming from RWD V8 cars other than Vettes say it handles great however I am coming from cars like EVO's and SRT-4s that are much lighter and more nimble. How well can this car be made to handle and under what budget, I also am concerned about actually sticking the power down on a road course or a drag strip and what it will take to do so without the rear looking akward like some GTO's with lots of rubber out back do.

All motor or forced induction is also the other question. This sounds dumb but what kind of MPG are you getting with what mods?
My last car was a pretty highly modded dumdumdumdumdum(suspension, motor...the works) And i can tell you that i my dumdumdumdumdum handled alot worse than i though. It was 2900 dry. Thats a bit heavier than i thought it was going to be. Its handled good but not great. Ive got alot of suspension mods on my GTO and id be willing to bet that my GTO vs my dumdumdumdumdum the GTO would take it on a road course. Also they actually do hook pretty good at the track. Good tires and the right suspension and youll get some very low 1.6s all day. Once i get my 275/50s(ET Streets) i should be pulling somewhere around that area
Old 09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

wtf is the dumdumdumdum... I saw it on my post, but i didnt do it.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
wtf is the dumdumdumdum... I saw it on my post, but i didnt do it.
HAHA when you type S;R;T;-;4 thats what comes up....but minus the ";". lol
Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat
HAHA when you type S;R;T;-;4 thats what comes up....but minus the ";". lol
lol, that's so dumdumdum
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

That's because they aren't anything other than neons.