General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Buying a Camaro tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Buying a Camaro tomorrow!

Hi guys im buying this tomorrow and I have some questions: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=406

1. As you can see it is the version that has the body kit on it and the little thing(idk what its called) on top of the spoiler, I'd like to remove the body kit and the thing on top of the spoiler and make it into a regular Z28 look 1st then trasform it into a SS eventually when i do have the money. But my question is do i have to buy Stock bumpers if i want to remove the body kit? b/c they've been drilled into, im guessing, and obvioulsy there probably not the same color :/ and can i just remove that thing on top of my spoiler or is that like the same situation?

2. How expensive do the regular stock bumpers run? and is it something that you can do your self?

3. Out of SLP/Magnaflow/Borla which one is the best value for the money? i'll eventually buy a exhaust system for it when Im alittle less broke, lol

And I'd greatly appretiate it if some of you guys post some of your camaro's that has the same kind of body kit, b/c i want to see what some of you guys have done to your f-bodys Thank You
Old 10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

1. I think that Z looks great. Why change it?
2. Check Ebay
3. They're all expensive. Could always do a custom setup for 100-200 bucks
Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

If you remove the kit, you will see mounting holes. since its silver, they will be noticable too. You can replace the bumpers yourself if you wanted though, its easy. I think magnaflow is the best bang for the buck. Maryland Speed has it for $386
Old 10-09-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FIRST THING TO ASK!

why did they swap a v6 tranny into a v8....

eller's Description and Comments

5 SPEED V8 5.7L!!! CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEM WITH 2 10 AMPS...CD PLAYER, TINTED WINDOWS, POWER SEATS, WINDOWS, MIRRORS, ALARM KEYLESS ENTRY, VERY NICE AND READY TO GO!!! SEE MORE CARS AT WWW.ROSELLEMOTORS.COM OR WWW.LUI

j/k.. nice looking car for a good price man..
Old 10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

From the looks of it, looks kind of molested. The body kit is normal. . . But that donkey dick spoiler will put up a fight.

What ever you remove/replace will need to be painted and will cost $.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like its been in the sun a lot....the lights are really dull.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

headlights need some TLC
Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

its a 98.... and for a pretty good price.. (low)...

you guys are bashing the headlights??? i mean come on, its not an 02 with 10k on it.. and it also isnt 15-20k$...

car looks to me to be better than avg shape
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12

Depending on what really needs to be changed. That spoiler is awfull and if pulled off will leave a marks which will need to be painted. + What ever else.

Who cares if the buyer likes it.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea, but itd be turned into a race car if i got it.. sooooooo lol
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Buy Corsa exhuast damit!!! The body kit would look good, with new headlights and rims.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Teching In

i looked up some vehicles using the companies zip

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=8

thats a steal, ran a carfax and to be honest i'd get a loan or something. everything checks out on this one.

if you haven't already bought the vehicle please consider more vehicles other than that one. I'm sure you could find one that was way better for alittle more. If 10k is to high sorry.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you guys are bashing the headlights??? i mean come on, its not an 02 with 10k on it.. and it also isnt 15-20k$...

car looks to me to be better than avg shape
Thats not that low buddy lol. I picked up my trans am last year for a low 7, don't forget trans ams usually run a little higher then camaros also. My car wasn't kept out in the sun and didn't look beat like this one does, usually you could tell how good the car was taken care of by looking at the body and I mean common... the dealership doesn't even know its a 6speed??? There selling a car and don't even know how many gears are in it. I was curious why there are no engine bay pics by the way.. But overall I think itd try to bring it down a grand, im not sure how that looks to you guys but idk I find it a little shady
Old 10-09-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

FIRST THING TO ASK!
why did they swap a v6 tranny into a v8....

eller's Description and Comments

5 SPEED V8 5.7L!!! CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEM WITH 2 10 AMPS...CD PLAYER, TINTED WINDOWS, POWER SEATS, WINDOWS, MIRRORS, ALARM KEYLESS ENTRY, VERY NICE AND READY TO GO!!! SEE MORE CARS AT WWW.ROSELLEMOTORS.COM OR WWW.LUI
j/k.. nice looking car for a good price man..
Yeah I was wondering the same thing!

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
Looks like its been in the sun a lot....the lights are really dull.
He should be able to clean those up easily enough though...or use that for bartering power!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Screw that LT. . . . Looks nice though.

If I was buying that car, I would not pay over 7k. Just beacuse it looks molested and ape raped.

My car was 99% stock and in better shape for less.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Launching!

The car is said to be in a perfect condition according to the dealer and it is a 6speed, and i got the under the hood pictures emailed to me too, He actually just changed the plastic headlights to some after market lights and also the passenger sides window motor was being slow(whats new), and changed it, so far im impressed by the dealer they've been very informative and there also picking me and my brother up tomorrow morning at the airport. So hopefully everything will work out and I have a new car tomorrow, which im sure i will

Anyone know how much stock bumpers cost? but i'll probably have to hold that off b/c i'd have to get it repainted to and i dont have the money for that yet

And no i cant afford a $10k car i will be left with $100 in my account after i buy the car and regester it and tax and all that ****
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd leave the body kit on, not many came with it, and i dont think it looks that bad. plus it will cost you a good bit for new bumpers/paint
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Launching!

I actually like the body kit... except the front, but that's besides the point. For the price, if everything checks out and there aren't any major issues, I think it's a great deal, and that's only the asking price too. You can probably end up with even a better deal after jewing them down a couple of hundred, or a grand or so. Mileage is pretty good considering age... Car seems to have been improperly jacked on both sides though, you can tell where the door panel (right word?) on the front meeting the side skirts on the bottom are a bit caved in... my car has that too on one side. Other than that, and the headlights, it doesn't seem too shabby.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a nice car for a great price. Im not opposed or unopposed to the body kit, i think itll look great either way. i dont think its worth the $$ do get new bumpers and have them sprayed just to get rid of the body kit. Its not even a body kit...its ground effects; big difference IMO
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Buy Corsa exhuast damit!!! The body kit would look good, with new headlights and rims.

My car came with the Borla, I hated it, way to raspy and just didn't sound good IMO. I found a used corsa for really really cheap, took my borla off and sold it, I actually made some money after off the deal, thats how cheap I found it