General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wierd Howling Like Noise From Engine Bay

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd Howling Like Noise From Engine Bay

i have been noticing a noise from my engine bay lately. The first time it happened i was with my friend (who has a new Mustang GT) and it sounded like the electric fan. The first time it happened the car was cold and i was getting on it. When it happens (which its been happening more and more) it only happens on acceleration and then cuts off when the clutch is engaged, when the car is idling, and it doesn't even happen all the time. if i let the car sit it goes away as well so i dont really know what is going on. I have heard it could be the power steering pump or gears but my gears already make noise (3.73) and its not like that. I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you atleast diagnose it? does it make sound when you turn the steering wheel? does the sound go away when u push in the clutch? does the sound only come on when the A/c is on? and its not a good idea to be revving the car with a cold motor, thats how u mess **** up
Old 10-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Launching!

it happens when the wheel is straight or turned. the car wasn't like fresh start it was probably like at 140 degrees. and i said the sound only happens on acceleration so yes the sound goes away when the clutch is engaged. thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Launching!

swapped the fluid and found a leak on the rack. fixed it all up, no more leak= no more noise. i love it!!