General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wiper motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiper motor

Yesterday my wipers got stuck in the up postion so I did a search and the threads said bad motor .Today I bought a new wiper motor, at what position do you put the dial? What direction should I place it on the bracket and motor?I swapped it out 4 times moving the dial and still no luck the wipers are not in the right postion .
Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure if this will help but here is what is listed indicated in ALLDATA minus the pictures. Unable to copy.

Wiper Motor Replacement

TOOLS REQUIRED

J 39232 Wiper Transmission Separator
J 39529 Wiper Transmission Installer
REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Remove the wiper arms. Refer to Wiper Arm Replacement.
Remove the air inlet grille panel.
Remove the water shield.

Remove the screw and the nut.

Disconnect the RH linkage assembly from the LH linkage assembly with the J 39232.
Remove the LH linkage assembly.

Remove the screw from the wiper motor.

Pull the wiper motor free from the slots of the bracket.

Disconnect the RH linkage assembly from the wiper motor with the J 39232.

Disconnect the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Connect the electrical connector to the wiper motor.

Connect the RH linkage assembly to the wiper motor with the J 39529. IMPORTANT: When installing the wiper motor, be sure that the crank arm is in the innerwipe position. The crank arm drive pin must be engaged in the cam pocket.

Install the wiper motor with two locator pads pressed into the slots of the bracket.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

Install the screw.
Tighten
Tighten the screw to 10 N.m (7.5 lb ft).

Connect the RH linkage assembly to the LH linkage assembly with the J 39529.

Install the LH linkage assembly with the screw and nut.
Tighten
Tighten the screw and the nut to 10 N.m (7.5 lb ft).

Install the water shield on the LH linkage assembly with the flat side of the water shield under the windshield.
Install the air inlet grille panel.
Install the wiper arms.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

The problem started after using the wipers they would park almost straight up when shut off. After the new motor was installed they would park OK when off but when using the Delay function they would park straight up between delay strokes. I tried 2 rebuilt motors .What postion do you set up the dial(the crank arm assembly) the piece that is mounted to the motor and connects to the wiper linkage. 12 or 3 or 6 or 9 O'clock.
This is crazy 2 days trying to fix this.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue to a T. In those instructions I see "IMPORTANT: When installing the wiper motor, be sure that the crank arm is in the innerwipe position. The crank arm drive pin must be engaged in the cam pocket."

I believe I have the drive pin engaged in the cam pocket. Would anyone have pictures, or a diagram for me to confirm I have the correct pin in the correct hole? On the top where it connects to the wiper arm, I see a pin. Also, underneath there is a pin.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is having similar problems, I seem to have solved this. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ition-off.html Post #2 I seemed to figure out the pattern to fix that.

Also, if your wiper linkage seems to pop off. Make sure you use pliers on the knuckle and joint. I was hearing a pop putting the knuckle on by hand. That wasn't enough I really had to crush them on. I heard a louder pop and it seems to be finally all good to go.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The way I fixed it was I brought a complete wiper motor off this board and put it in it worked .I brought 2 from the parts store and they would'nt work right .

Quick Reply: Wiper motor