General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

'Thermal mod' for winndow motor question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 'Thermal mod' for winndow motor question.

I don't have a thermal resistor, like I was shown in another thread... I've got a thermal switch, -pretty sure. (In the motor, between the brushes, power feed.) Should I still replace it w/ a thick wire?

My pass window is slow so I decided to pick up a reman unit. Tore it apart and the internals of my old one were in better shape than the reman unit. Core, brushes, everything.. Identical condition.. Just about..

What to do?? I've already got the thing ripped appart.. I mind as well take the bite for the auto trix kit..

Does someone have specific parts list to make one myself?? I'm decent w/ wiring, so I can prolly figure it out..
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

This is what I did. Not sure what you have without seeing pics.
All I did was pry that copper plate off, clean the brass plate under it off at the end, bend the tab by the brush holder down, solder them together, clean the comutator and the crap out of it's air gaps, cleaned the motor, greased the shaft ends a little, and reassembled it.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I got it...

I did the thermal mod anyway and fabbed up my own harness for the window fix. Drag race between the windows now...