General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

water leak? floor mats soak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak? floor mats soak?

I have a 1998 camaro z28, with t-tops and everytime it rains (even when car is parked in the driveway) i get a soaked carpet near the dash. and when i am driving it in the rain i feel little drops of water falling out of the dash and onto my leg. anyone have this problem? could it be coming from under the windsheild somewhere?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea sounds like you have a major leak somewhere. Get someone to sit in it and be patient and either take it to the car wash and soak it down good or use ur hose at your house and see if you can find the problem, could be your windshield or might be coming thru your t-tops too, your side windows nice and tight against the weatherstripping??? check it out and let us know what you turn up
Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

The window seals can go. There are holes on the bottom of the doors for drainage - make sure they aren't plugged. Does this happen only when you park the car in certain orientations - car flat or nose down or nose up or combinations? I've had the rear hatch seal go on me so that I'd get water on the floor up front if I had the car on a hill nose down.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Launching!

I just park it normal, flat in my driveway even my buddy with a 02 z28 has the same problem, its gonna rain today so im gonna go fiddle around with it..and if i find something i post it.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

two of my chevy trucks did the same thing, i discovered after many attempts that, the fan blower under the dash has an airduct that goes through the firewall to suck in air, it was leaking where the duct goes through the firewall under window
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you drill any holes in the firewall ? when i was at my shop i had a sebring come in with a flooded floor, and we found that it was leaking from the rubber hose that protects all the wires in where the hinges are for the door. good luck
Old 12-24-2008, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club

Check to make sure all of your cowling attaching darts are in place. On the 88-98 trucks and tahoe if all the screws aren't in place it will leak water on the floor. Thats the first thing I check when a customer comes into my glass shop complaining about water leaks on gm products. I've also see the seam sealer around the heater intake in the cowl crack and cause leaks.

Quick Reply: water leak? floor mats soak?