General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob questions

Just bought my WS6 last friday, it has a little over 55k miles on it now (I've put about 800 miles on it since I got it) everything seems to be fine but is there any major scheduled maintenance around 55k, the manual does'nt say much. When do you have to change the timing belt on these things? On my Tiburon it was every 60k miles. I was thinking of seafoaming it and the changing the plugs and wires just for ***** and giggles. What do you guys recommend?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

Hey whatsup, another nc guy! You dont have to worry about any timing belts it has a chain. You could do regular service otherwise (plugs, wires, seafoam) My car has 61k with all of the stock stuff though and is running just fine so with 55k i wouldnt worry about the plugs/wires as such. Maybe the fluids will need changing though and the fuel filter...
Old 12-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Launching!

so you never have to change the chain, thats awesome! I'm liking this car more all the time one more thing I definately need new brakes, the car woobles a little while braking, I'm looking for a little bit of an upgrade compared to stock rotors and pads but nothing extremely expensive, what are some good websites to look at for pads and rotors, do you recommend any paticular rotor/pad combo
Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get the rotors turned. im sure they are just warped. it will definately save you money then buying new rotors.as far as purchasing new pads and rotrs. any one of our sponsors on the left will be a good starting point.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hawk ceramic pads were the best "mod" i've done yet. Just make sure you follow the break in procedure. WELL worth the money.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Launching!

As said above just get the rotors turned. Who really wants to improve their stopping power on these cars, seriously? I'd do the seafoam like you were talking about. I'm about to do mine with 60k on the clock since I just bought it a month ago. Good to see another nc guy on the board here.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
Who really wants to improve their stopping power on these cars, seriously?
Sooooo.....your willing to spend time and money for go fast parts, like your LT's, when you have to follow the same speed limit that the Yaris next to you does. But a shorter stopping distance wouldn't benefit you much? Tell that to the idiot that pulls out in front of you. And there are plenty of them around CL.

Back on track... XRICER fwiw i agree with everyone that turning and/or replacing your rotors should remedy your wobble. I did a few brake jobs on my f-bodies, tried a few different brand/style rotors with not much improvement. But after finally trying out some hawk pads i'll never have anything else on my cars.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

always a good idea to change the oil when you first get it as well you never know how long its been since its had one and this way you start out fresh, And buy a cat back to begin with cause if your anything like me you cant stand driving an LS1 and not being able to hear it