General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is this a fair price for a tune up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01bird58
^Thanks for the heads up on the rear end fluid, I will look into it. The air filter I have a K&N which is good forever, so I just clean it out every now and then. As for the oil, lately I have been changing the oil filter ever 3K and the Mobil 1 synthetic 10w 30 ever 6k. Read on some threads in here that changing the oil in this pattern is totally fine (but this may spark some heated debates)
i would do both about every 4-5k... no reason to change the filter and not the oil..

if you have the money, and can do it yourself.. every 3k is the best.. especially with a modded car..
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts

First thing..I didn't waste the time to read this thread cause of the first post, so if I hit something that has been covered, it's just my input on it.

To the op..I hope they gave you some *** lube if you payed a G to get a Tune Up..

Plugs are relatively easy in these things..if you have AC still in then yea the #6 and #8 are interesting..but can be done.

The Belt is really easy, takes me about 2 min..Oil Change is an Oil change and Tranny Fluid and Filter Change is pretty cake too.

My suggestion..unless you are one of them types that dont want to get your hands dirty..use some of that rediculous amount of money buy some books, videos, whatever you need and get out there, tear into it and learn it.

I really don't know what else to say without sounding like an *******..then again I'm a guy who tears my car all apart on a regular basis, and has done and knows quite a bit with these cars, right down to even the wiring.

Just wow.

Quick Reply: Is this a fair price for a tune up?