General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just licked a no start issue!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just licked a no start issue!

I got back from Iraq a month ago, since I've installed a new valvetrain, clutch, flywheel, slave, racetronix and hotwire, some gauges, electric fan switch, E cutout and a few other things.

The day the clutch install was done, I started having an intermittent no start issue. First, the car wouldn't even turn over, so I got a new key and pellet, that fixed a problem before the clutch install. Then the car wouldn't fire up after the clutch install. It seemed to have a mind of it's own and fire up occassionally, but when it did, it ran like a raped ape.

I'm getting pretty confident in working on and with the car, but the knowledge I've gained has caused me to overlook little things, like ignition relays.

I was also having a misfire issue with a burnt plug wire and fixed that as well. After cleaning the MAF and computer connections, almost spending 200 bucks on a new battery, having my battery and alternator tested, replacing a burnt plug wire, and doing other little things and pulling my hair out for several days after all this work, swapping an ignition relay with a fan relay fixed the problem. Just gotta get a new relay. I thought I could have messed something up with all of the work I've been doing. Was going to look into a cam and crank position sensor.

Make sure you stick with the small things first, you'll most likely find your problem.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I got back from Iraq a month ago, since I've installed a new valvetrain, clutch, flywheel, slave, racetronix and hotwire, some gauges, electric fan switch, E cutout and a few other things.

The day the clutch install was done, I started having an intermittent no start issue. First, the car wouldn't even turn over, so I got a new key and pellet, that fixed a problem before the clutch install. Then the car wouldn't fire up after the clutch install. It seemed to have a mind of it's own and fire up occassionally, but when it did, it ran like a raped ape.

I'm getting pretty confident in working on and with the car, but the knowledge I've gained has caused me to overlook little things, like ignition relays.

I was also having a misfire issue with a burnt plug wire and fixed that as well. After cleaning the MAF and computer connections, almost spending 200 bucks on a new battery, having my battery and alternator tested, replacing a burnt plug wire, and doing other little things and pulling my hair out for several days after all this work, swapping an ignition relay with a fan relay fixed the problem. Just gotta get a new relay. I thought I could have messed something up with all of the work I've been doing. Was going to look into a cam and crank position sensor.

Make sure you stick with the small things first, you'll most likely find your problem.
cliff notes.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ignition relay is a very common trouble when there is a no start problem.