General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I have a question about the pulsar plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a question about the pulsar plugs?

If it really is worth it I Would by pulsar spark plugs for 24 bucks a piece because I want the best for the car but If people suggest to get the TR55's. The only reason that I would get those is because It is an older car and it will be a while before I change them again so it would
Old 04-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by quino00ss
If it really is worth it I Would by pulsar spark plugs for 24 bucks a piece because I want the best for the car but If people suggest to get the TR55's. The only reason that I would get those is because It is an older car and it will be a while before I change them again so it would
Dude, I posted those Pulsars as a joke really.

Not many poeple around ever heard of them.

Get the TR55 or TR5 plugs and gap them to .050. Thats it.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man!!! Haahah I was gonna say damn those are nice!! I went to the website and priced them, that would be alot of money!!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by quino00ss
thanks man!!! Haahah I was gonna say damn those are nice!! I went to the website and priced them, that would be alot of money!!
I spoke with their R&D people, they are for real. But they are not worth the money in my opinion for any stock or even nicelt modded engine. Unless someone just has money to burn. Maybe when I build my next badass engine, I'll try them out and do some dyno runs to compare them to NGK's.......which should be soon
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
T.A.WS6

ngks are the best tr6...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.pulstar.com/faqs.htm

COMPLETE BULLSHIT !

anybody remember when these first came out? Advertised as the million watt spark plug they said. Well as soon as i heard that, i asked how the hell can you get a million watts from a plug when the power going into the ignition coil is ~100 watts (14vdc x 8 amp average through coil) ??? Not to mention the alternator output is rated at 60/80/100 amp, so lets say the alternator can output 200 amp for arguments sake, that is only 2800 watts that is available. Where is the other 997200 watts coming from? Oh, and let's not forget, if you have an 8 cylinder engine with each spark plug putting out a million watts then that's really 8 million watts and 1 horsepower = 746 watts, so how the **** can the spark plug be making more power than (a) the ignition system supplying it and (b) the power that the engine is capable of producing which in turn turns the alternator to generate electrical power?

Shortly after everybody on the web called them out on the million watt claim being bullshit, you no longer see that in their advertising anywhere. Now it looks like they toned it down to a less ridiculous 50 watt claim, freaking ******** No wonder the economy is the way it is.

And why are you guys spelling it pulsar now, without the "t" ?
they change their name to beat the FTC coming down on them?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.halo-sparkplugs.com/

12% increase in mpg??!?! I am going to buy 30 of them right now!!