General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaking coming from inside the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STA
Mine has the same squeak caused by the folding rear seat back. It was the bolt where the hinge is located. I noticed the squeak went away when I drove with it folded down and would come back when the seat was upright. Tightening it would stop the noise but the bolt would loosen again after a couple weeks. Yours sounds like it's the same thing, I would check that area...
Yep!! Exactly!!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my panhard bar had a bolt a lil loose and it would sqeak and rattle only on bumpy roads so might wanna check it
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

My squeaking was coming from my passenger seat. After I took it out to feed wires from my cutout under the seat and put the seat back the squeaking stopped, at least for now
Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

I have a squeak that popped up a couple of months ago. Does it in parking lots and sometimes on the highway. It's starting to agitate the holy living sh*t out of me. It sounds like it's coming from behind the drivers side seat. I even opened the door in the parking lot while I was driving to see if it was that. I didn't even think to check the back seat. I know what I'm doing when I get off work.

Quick Reply: Squeaking coming from inside the car?