General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

It's like I lost 200hp at WOT only.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it out last night to see if it would start up and idle high. It did not. I went to put the gas pedal down and it felt like a brick was underneath the pedal. The throttle seemed like it was sticking (spring probably). I ran it normal and it ran just fine. I pulled it hard and it pulled really really well. I loved that feeling. Until I got to 45 everything was good. Then it was extremely hard to slow down in gear. The throttle wanted to go to 4500rpms it seemed... I only let it go to 4000rpm and partially had the clutch engaged to take some wear off of the engine (sorry clutch). I was in the driveway by that point and we had to leave soon for dinner. I popped the hood and the spring sure enough seemed to stick quite a bit. I think my butterfly in my tb and the spring or one of the two is causing at least one of my problems. The spring would just not relax. I sprayed some wd40 on it (all I had at the time) and I will check it out tomorrow.

Poor car. I will see if I can just get a new spring and see if that works. Thanks for the help and I will definitely check the for the vaccuum line deal. Although it's funny that their tech looked at it and found nothing wrong and all of the sudden it stopped the (I lost 200hp) crap. New problem though afterwards of the high idle. Thank you so much LS1tech I will keep you informed and when it is finally done I will post results.