General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

chirping/fluttering noise in engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chirping/fluttering noise in engine

ok guys well i just bought my 2nd lt1 car today. its a 97 trans am m6. car didnt make any noise for the first 2 hours after i bought it. noise shows up after the engine gets warmed up, doesnt do it when cold. i pulled into a gas station to examine the car. dipstick was just about dry. the damn guy i bought it from didnt have any oil in the engine. funny thing is that oil pressure and engine temp were fine, only reason i pulled over was because of the noise. sounds like theres a goddamn bird in my engine. car runs and drives ok, hopefully didnt **** anything up internally. is this valvetrain related? i need help.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Teching In

well, chirping stopped. idk wtf it was. but now the car is smoking badly at idle. pulled the first spark plug on the driver side and its running lean. i also exhaust leaks from the headers by the block. could the car be smoking like that because of the exhaust leak? im not all that smart when it comes to technical stuff on cars. i would much appreciate some feedback!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Where is the smoke coming from?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Teching In

car is smoking out of the exhaust. its blue so i know im burning oil i just dont know how or where.

Quick Reply: chirping/fluttering noise in engine