Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is doing it with the ac on ?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

car may of been in a wreck or the gromets are leaking or if your ran amp power wire threw the door that would make it leak if it pinched the striping
Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blubu
mine is doing it with the ac on ?
Chances are the condensate drain line from the evaporator box is plugged. With the A/C running, you should see a fairly steady drip under the car toward the passenger side, making a puddle on the pavement. If you don't see this, you are either living in the desert or this drain is plugged.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Launching!

OP, you ever figure this out, mine started doing the exact same thing, front floorboards are dry as can be, t-tops are not leaking from what I can tell.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone mentioned a TSB or something like that @ the rear hatch seam: not being sealed properly from the factory. The result was a lot of water in the car if it was pointed nose-down during heavy rain. Could anyone elaborate? Which seam?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewter2002
Someone mentioned a TSB or something like that @ the rear hatch seam: not being sealed properly from the factory. The result was a lot of water in the car if it was pointed nose-down during heavy rain. Could anyone elaborate? Which seam?
My car is indeed pointed down when I park, 99% of the time, i even wash it like that, but I have been doing that two years and never had a issue till the last two weeks. I know watter pools in the hatch chanels after this, but it has never made its way past the seal and into the car
Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Just posted in your thread, ha ha! Which channel do you mean? The part between the fenders/roof and hatch gasket?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pewter2002
Just posted in your thread, ha ha! Which channel do you mean? The part between the fenders/roof and hatch gasket?
THe channel right on the outside of the seal on both sides of the hatch, where the quarter seams are
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

I'll look and see if there are any gaps (I guess?) in the seams etc.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

I used to get that was my 96 Camaro when driving in the rain. On a long highway trip I would slowly get water in that same exact spot. I never figured it out, but I do recall hearing that there is some type of small drain that can clog and run water in that area.
There was another member that had a similar issue, but I just don't remmeber it well enough to explain it.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Teching In

AC drain could be plugged. I have had the problem with other vehicles of mine. Same problem water on passenger side.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J-Train
THe channel right on the outside of the seal on both sides of the hatch, where the quarter seams are
J-Train,

If your passenger and drivers rear floorboards are wet I'm willing to bet you had the same problem as me. I parked downhill for years and never had a problem, but the weatherstripping sealant used on these cars is weak and water started coming in through the hatch this year. Take a look under your rear passenger seats also to see if they have water under them. I literally had puddles of water under mine. I stripped my entire interior, had the rust/mold taken off my seats, and left the carpet out to dry for a week. I used a weatherstripping sealant made by 3M from autozone to fix the problem. A couple rain events now I haven't had any problems.

If you don't strip out your interior, its going to be hard to get rid of the musty smell. I was able to buy some moisture removing bags and I kept them in my car for weeks just to make sure I got all the water out.

People suggesting either the heater core or a blocked A/C Evap drain line, there would definitely be wet carpet in the passenger side foot well.

Quick Reply: floorboard is SOAKED! whats the deal?