General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

still missing after new wires , plugs, opti spark, o2 . HELP!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default still missing after new wires , plugs, opti spark, o2 . HELP!!!

MY 1997 Z28 CAMARO STILL HAS A MISS AFTER I INSTALL ALL THESE NEW PARTS. I HAD A CODE P1441, AND A P0300 BUT THEM CODES WENT AWAY A COULPE OF DAYS AGO. BUT MY CAR HAS A SMALL MISS WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT A LIGHT. I CHECKED ALL MY WIRES AND THE PLUGS LOOK GOOD. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH SOME NEW IDEAS.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

anybody give me a answer. i 've been fighting these issue for about three weeks.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what those codes are, but I had similar prob with my LT1. Scan at GM said misfire- engine tune... I found my EGR valve was carboned up/ sticking. My car was automatic- under converter lock up (4th gear, cruise/light throttle) I felt it most. A simple cleaning of the valve was all that was required! Hope this helps. BTW you can reach around the motor and squeeze the diaphragm up- if it moves up smoothly and doesnt stick anywhere in its travel it is OK!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by edward_garcia_69
MY 1997 Z28 CAMARO STILL HAS A MISS AFTER I INSTALL ALL THESE NEW PARTS. I HAD A CODE P1441, AND A P0300 BUT THEM CODES WENT AWAY A COULPE OF DAYS AGO. BUT MY CAR HAS A SMALL MISS WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT A LIGHT. I CHECKED ALL MY WIRES AND THE PLUGS LOOK GOOD. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH SOME NEW IDEAS.
Make sure none of the spark plug wires are touching any of the exhaust manifold piping.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Teching In

first of all thanks for the respond, i did check all the wires and plugs i also changed out the evac cantnser and the evac solied. this all started when i got a code of p0300. i replaced opti spark , plugs,wires, fuel filter. i found a burn wire off my o2 sensor on the passenger side on the extenstion side so i just put then together and taped them up. so i don't know why the car is missing when i put the car in drive , it just starts to miss out of no where. what can i do to fix this problem ?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by edward_garcia_69
first of all thanks for the respond, i did check all the wires and plugs i also changed out the evac cantnser and the evac solied. this all started when i got a code of p0300. i replaced opti spark , plugs,wires, fuel filter. i found a burn wire off my o2 sensor on the passenger side on the extenstion side so i just put then together and taped them up. so i don't know why the car is missing when i put the car in drive , it just starts to miss out of no where. what can i do to fix this problem ?
You need to completely replace any burnt wires. Years ago I had my tranny out and when the tranny guy put it back in he left my drivers side 02 sensor wires leaning against my LT's. It did all the symptoms you are having....we simply spliced in all new wires for all 4 of them.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
You need to completely replace any burnt wires. Years ago I had my tranny out and when the tranny guy put it back in he left my drivers side 02 sensor wires leaning against my LT's. It did all the symptoms you are having....we simply spliced in all new wires for all 4 of them.
This is true. O2 signal wires are very sensitive. You can't just twist them together like your wiring up a tail light.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Teching In

thanks , i'll try to replace wires 2morrow.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67
This is true. O2 signal wires are very sensitive. You can't just twist them together like your wiring up a tail light.
That's good to know...
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Talking

i finely found what the problem was on the missfire . i change out one of the fuel injector on cycinder #1 . what happen is that i ran my fuel very low. and thinking that i picked up some trash from my gas tank. i installed a new injector and put new plugs and the missing went away. dam i'm sure glad. i also put a new opti spark , new fuel filter. thanks for yall 's input ....... I 'M SURE GLAD THAT LT1TECH. IS AROUND.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: still missing after new wires , plugs, opti spark, o2 . HELP!!!