General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Started, heard 3 dings, died, now nothing. ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started, heard 3 dings, died, now nothing. ?

Need help with son's car. We have dealt with the VATS in the past. Then, everything worked just wouldn't start, all dash lights worked and we had the security light burning steady. Fixed that with resistor. This time he started the car, a freind was opening the pass. door and the exact time he was putting down the ebrake, he hear 3 dings never heard before, put it in first, started to roll, heard these 3 dings again and it died. This time no dash lights and no security light, steady or blinking. We can hear the fuel pump, turn signals, head lights, everything seems to work but no dash lights and it will not crank over with the key. Most recent mods- six speed beef up and deleted the AIR system. The system has been capped off for a while but had it deleted recently for check engine light. Sorry for such a long post but trying to give as much info. as possible. Did many searches but nothing came back with these symtoms. Thanks for any help
Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Default Started, heard 3 dings, died, now nothing. ?

Well, I thought I would at least share with yall just in case someone else has this type of problem and post and no one responds. We found a blown 10amp gauge fuse on the left side of the dash as you open the driver door. Just this one fuse killed the dash and gauges and in turn would not let the ignition do anything. I hope this helps someone else in the future. Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHASINGJR
Well, I thought I would at least share with yall just in case someone else has this type of problem and post and no one responds. We found a blown 10amp gauge fuse on the left side of the dash as you open the driver door. Just this one fuse killed the dash and gauges and in turn would not let the ignition do anything. I hope this helps someone else in the future. Thanks
Thanks for posting up what you found.....
Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup had that problem one time myself i did a burout and then the car just died and shut off i thought the 10 bolt let go but it was just the fuse
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by therobman
yup had that problem one time myself i did a burout and then the car just died and shut off i thought the 10 bolt let go but it was just the fuse
HAHAHAHA ...talk about relief!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therobman
haha wow!!! Not your ten bolt... Your 10 amp let go.