General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP*O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction? Misfire Help*

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP*O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction? Misfire Help*

Went to autozone and got codes checked. I got the code that said o2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfuntion(Bank 2 Sensor 1). What could of caused this to happen? Is it a bad 02? My car has pacesetter LT's and i have the rear O2's running off simulators. The problem is my car is misfiring at idle in Drive. If it is in nuetral it doesnt misfire. When i have it in Drive and i am stopped the RPM's go from about 600 down to 500 and the car starts shaking alot then the engine revs up to 700 RPM by itslef and slowly goes back down to 500 again and then idles normal for a few seconds then it starts shaking again.

I got cought in a storm a few weeks ago and that is when it started to do this, i am afraid something got wet. I checked the connectors from the o2's and they seem fine. Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks

BTW last week i got a knock sensor 2 code aswell.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes wet O2s will **** up. I would replace both the fronts. I have seen this happen before when someone drove through a deep puddle during a hard rain.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cousin has something similar and it turned out that his headers were getting too hot and heat soaking the o2s. The Fix was just wrapping the headers with header rap.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yes wet O2s will **** up. I would replace both the fronts. I have seen this happen before when someone drove through a deep puddle during a hard rain.
Would you recommend for me to buy regular bosh ones for my car or the corvette ones? I heard the vette ones are better so im just asking.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Drew24
Cousin has something similar and it turned out that his headers were getting too hot and heat soaking the o2s. The Fix was just wrapping the headers with header rap.
Hey could be a possibility...i have no cats so maybe too much heat or something. I will diffenatly try that idea thanks man.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yea it was raining so bad i was going like 50 mph and started hydroplaning so bad that if i turned the wheel half way the front tires would just skid across the road like a jet ski so my car would still go straight lol...alot of people were pulling over i just wanted to get the hell home. I was waiting for it to start misfiring and it did it right when i pulled into the damn driveway.

Quick Reply: HELP*O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction? Misfire Help*