Radiator for camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator for camaro

I searched around on google for a radiator for my 99 5.7
and I dont want to buy the wrong radiator

I would go to a bone yard but I dont want that one to crack on me.

where would you guys buy & off what site too

my car is stock so I really dont plan on doin any crazy mods in the future

also since Im down there replacing the radiator should I just replaced all hoses, anything else I would need to.

the odometer just read 95,000k last night
Old 06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

id just find someone on here parting out a car or selling one, no sense in buying a new one, just a waste of money
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tumadre
I searched around on google for a radiator for my 99 5.7
and I dont want to buy the wrong radiator

I would go to a bone yard but I dont want that one to crack on me.

where would you guys buy & off what site too

my car is stock so I really dont plan on doin any crazy mods in the future

also since Im down there replacing the radiator should I just replaced all hoses, anything else I would need to.

the odometer just read 95,000k last night
DO NOT get a LS1 radiator......get an LT1 radiator. They are less than $100 and they are better for cooling then the LS1 radiator. They go in 100% exactly the same. You just need to cap one port, two clamps and a rubber cap.

Read this entire thread and you'll learn everything you need to know, also has a link where to get the LT1 radiator for less than $100, brand new.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...t=lt1+radiator

The picture below is my LT1 radiator in my 1998 LS1. It shows the only difference between the two radiators, the extra port you need to cap off. The coolant level sensor and all hoses connect exactly the same.
I put a piece of heater hose on there, with two clamps, and then a plastic threaded plug. This way I can flush my radiator with ease. It rushes out almost as fast as the hose puts the water in, plus it makes it very easy not to have deal with that ridiculous factory petcock plug.

And yes, get new hoses, they're too cheap not to. Unless yours are literally in perfect condition.

Attached Thumbnails Radiator for camaro-lt1.radi.jpg  

Last edited by LS6427; 06-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

damn.. thanks again..ls6427

I found your thread on the alter ps cooler lol

LIFE saver here on ls1tech
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willis b otch
damn.. thanks again..ls6427

I found your thread on the alter ps cooler lol

LIFE saver here on ls1tech
Glad to help............

Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS6427
DO NOT get a LS1 radiator......get an LT1 radiator. They are less than $100 and they are better for cooling then the LS1 radiator. They go in 100% exactly the same. You just need to cap one port, two clamps and a rubber cap.

Read this entire thread and you'll learn everything you need to know, also has a link where to get the LT1 radiator for less than $100, brand new.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...t=lt1+radiator

The picture below is my LT1 radiator in my 1998 LS1. It shows the only difference between the two radiators, the extra port you need to cap off. The coolant level sensor and all hoses connect exactly the same.
I put a piece of heater hose on there, with two clamps, and then a plastic threaded plug. This way I can flush my radiator with ease. It rushes out almost as fast as the hose puts the water in, plus it makes it very easy not to have deal with that ridiculous factory petcock plug.

And yes, get new hoses, they're too cheap not to. Unless yours are literally in perfect condition.

Im curious anyone here with only "1999" camaro 5.7 EVER TRY THIS?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Launching!

I have a spare LT1 Radiator that I was thinking of replacing the LS1 radiator with because it has a crack in the tank
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by willis b otch
Im curious anyone here with only "1999" camaro 5.7 EVER TRY THIS?
It makes no difference...the Camaro and Firebirds under the hood, are all the same. 1998-2002

The F-body radiators, LT1 or LS1 will go into either car exactly the same.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS6427
DO NOT get a LS1 radiator......get an LT1 radiator. They are less than $100 and they are better for cooling then the LS1 radiator. They go in 100% exactly the same.
Kindly tell me where I can get an LT1 specific radiator because I just spent the last WEEK trying to go through EVERY parts store - Autozone, Napa, CarQuest, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, and EVERY single parts store list the EXACT same radiator size and model number now for 1993 to 2002 Camaro's with the 5.7L.

I am familiar with the threadthat shows the differences, and I've read every thread on LS1tech about it, however I can NOT find a bigger size radiator like the pictures in those threads are showing. I even called Spectra Premium directly and Ready Radiator and they all said the samething. It's the same now.

Unless you know something I don't, I'm about to put another LS1 radiator in unwillingly, so please let me know where I can get an LT1 bigger radiator. Everyone I've seen is 1 1/4" thick 1 core. Here's the CU1486 which is for the 1993-2002 Camaro's from Spectra Premium http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...vice=111187956, every auto parts store has the same size, this is just 1 example.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
Kindly tell me where I can get an LT1 specific radiator because I just spent the last WEEK trying to go through EVERY parts store - Autozone, Napa, CarQuest, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, and EVERY single parts store list the EXACT same radiator size and model number now for 1993 to 2002 Camaro's with the 5.7L.

I am familiar with the threadthat shows the differences, and I've read every thread on LS1tech about it, however I can NOT find a bigger size radiator like the pictures in those threads are showing. I even called Spectra Premium directly and Ready Radiator and they all said the samething. It's the same now.

Unless you know something I don't, I'm about to put another LS1 radiator in unwillingly, so please let me know where I can get an LT1 bigger radiator. Everyone I've seen is 1 1/4" thick 1 core. Here's the CU1486 which is for the 1993-2002 Camaro's from Spectra Premium http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...vice=111187956, every auto parts store has the same size, this is just 1 example.
$122.00 LT1......just have them visually confirm that it has the extra port on the bottom, back, drivers side corner. If it does, its an LT1.
https://www.radiatorbarn.com/search....oduct=radiator

I bought my LT1 radiator at Advance. Again, just make sure it has that extra port.

Summit....$123.00....Youcan see it has the extra port. Its an LT1.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PLI-432399/?rtype=10

$80.00 total including shipping...LIFETIME warranty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTI...item2a06b6a88e

Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone bought the Ebay one? That is a good deal if so...

Also, to make sure all the radiators are the same, up to and including the lines for the auto-transmissions?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Radiator for camaro