General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Screeching sound worse when turning left but does it going straight and bouncing too

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Screeching sound worse when turning left but does it going straight and bouncing too

This noise is driving me nuts. Sounds like screeching worst when turn left or turn wheel back and forth mostly harder left and sometimes get it a bit going straight too but not really when turning right.Seems to be from drivers front area. Only get the noise when car is loaded and driving it around making it much harder to figure out.
I have new c5 swap with new rotors, pads,calipers. I have had that apart several times it dont' seem to be brake noise. I just put in new strange shocks and new springs. It dont' seem to be anything related to shocks or springs.
My car have very low miles only 25,000km so don't see it being wheel bearing.
My torque thrust M wheels seem to be clearing my calipers ok but it is very close.
When I put wheels up in air and spin them or turn them hard all the way no noise. Like said the noise seems to only manifest when the car is loaded and moving.
I am thinking to maybe swap out rotor in case its maybe warped but as said when put car up in air no load no noise. I may also try a new wheel bearing even though current one seems to have no play.

I checked power steering fluid it seems fine. I can't remember if had the noise pre my c5 brake swap. I used to always play the stereo pretty loud so never really noticed it as much. I see no evidence of anything rubbing ,hitting on the wheel or rotor and really doubt its powersteering pump.
Appreciate any ideas. I have not put the car on a drive on hoist and hope to do that in next week or so. We have looked at it closely from underneath though on driveway.

Quick Reply: Screeching sound worse when turning left but does it going straight and bouncing too