General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!! My security wont let me cranl my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! My security wont let me cranl my car!!

Its real annoying to be running late for work and not being able to start your car :/

Anyway my car has been acting weird lately with the security system. Everytime I lock my car and walk away the alarm goes off like someone os breaking into it. And then this morning I try to crank it and the security light is blinking like crazy and making noise. When I turn the ignition key nothing comes on at all. Could this be a problem with the security? If it is how bad do you think it is?

Thanks for any help because I need it!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry about that horrible spelling, I was on my phone when I typed that. Anyway, I think its going to be the ignition or the key, im going to replace the ignition monday. Hopefully that will fix it.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:11 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The alarm triggering itself for no reason at all could be your shock sensor. These things get rust on their electronics and cause the problems you're describing all the time. I'm not sure about your no-start problem, though...
Old 11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Launching!

the no starting issue sounds like VATS or ur resistor in ur key is bad. as for the alarm issue it does sound like ur sensor is acting weird. it is located under ur spare tire it will have a sensitivity adjustment on it. a cheap way to bypass ur vats u can see in the link below. good luck!

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ht=bypass+VATS
Old 11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

another alternative to soldering in a resistor is if you have a local shop/tuner, just have them tune VATS out.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't tune VATS out in the PCM and have it work, the other portion is in the BCM where the key value is recognized. Unplug the shock sensor and do a VATS bypass. Or pay the dealership.....
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont know much about it but i guess it must be a coincidence that my vats was constantly not allowing me to start my car for awhile and my tuner turned vats off and i havent had a problem since. Makes sense what you said though.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
You can't tune VATS out in the PCM and have it work, the other portion is in the BCM where the key value is recognized. Unplug the shock sensor and do a VATS bypass. Or pay the dealership.....
Agree

Originally Posted by miller456
i dont know much about it but i guess it must be a coincidence that my vats was constantly not allowing me to start my car for awhile and my tuner turned vats off and i havent had a problem since. Makes sense what you said though.
Interesting. I wish it was that easy, took me a month to figure it out on my 96.

OP: Get a multi meter and check the resistance of your key. There are 14 different values that the BCM looks for. If the key is fine (check your spair or have a dealership give you what value it is) it may be your ignition cylinder. If so, do the resistor trick that was linked earlier. That should work.

If its like my car and the Vats part of the BCM died, you will need to get a box off ebay and ground out the ignition relay. Since doing this my car has had no starting problems. I wanted to just get rid of VATS for good. PM me if you cant figure it out.