General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 WS6 few issues!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 WS6 few issues!

1) AC/Heat Fan just decided it does not want to work today. Is there a relay or fuse i can check? Or is it another issue?

2) some mornings I go to start the car and i turn the key and it wont crank. wait a second and then it will. Has anyone heard of this issure before?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gav91183
1) AC/Heat Fan just decided it does not want to work today. Is there a relay or fuse i can check? Or is it another issue?

2) some mornings I go to start the car and i turn the key and it wont crank. wait a second and then it will. Has anyone heard of this issure before?
I had the second issue for awhile and a friend said it was a bad ground wire. The problem disappeared after a motor rebuild when everything was torn down and then later put back together so I'm not sure if that was the issue but it's a start.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:16 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Regarding #1, everything has a fuse/relay. It's either under your hood in a fuse box(I might be confusing LT1/LS1 cars because I have both) or on your driver's side dash in a fuse panel.

For #2, is the car powerless when you try to crank it the first time, or does it just not crank the first time (but you have lights, gauges, door chime, etc.)? I agree with Rampage, check your grounds...
Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by myk
Regarding #1, everything has a fuse/relay. It's either under your hood in a fuse box(I might be confusing LT1/LS1 cars because I have both) or on your driver's side dash in a fuse panel.

For #2, is the car powerless when you try to crank it the first time, or does it just not crank the first time (but you have lights, gauges, door chime, etc.)? I agree with Rampage, check your grounds...
#1) I tried looking for it and could not find anything A/C, guess Ill have to pull them all and look. How do I tell if a relay is bad? since its a big gray box?

#2) I have power, and it only happens on cold mornings. I wait a second and try to start it and it will.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

where can i get a wiring diagram for the car? still having issues with A/C and signals. I replace the signal flasher and signals work but every so often.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gots tha gremlins runnin in them there wires! Someone before you half a**ing the wiring or just plain ole bad grounds. Your fuse box covers tell you what each fuse and relay does, they are under the hood and one is one the side of the dash when you open the driver door. If you can read an electrical schematic, most relays have the schematic printed on them. Figure out which two pins are being "relayed" and jump them off. Or you can be lazy and find one you know is good, unplug the rest and use it as a tester, since you know it works.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and schematics can be found on haynes manuals or the like. The big manuals you can buy for fbodies at orielleys or napa, autozone, whoever is local. But I'll go ahead and tell you, I'm 99% sure your flashers and blower ground on the two silver bolts you see when you take the long kick panels off, the ones that start beside your feet and go all the way to the back. The bolts are one on each side, and when you get the plastic off, you will see which ones it is.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Yeah you can jump the terminals, if you know which ones to do so-that's one way to test and see if your fuel pump is operational and it's not the relay. Or, you could swap a comparable relay and see what happens...
Old 11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

So now today the reverse lights don't work. this is becoming an PITA! My dad thought it was the ignition switch, jiggled it yesterday and everything worked. Tried it this morning and nothing work, thats when i noticed the reverse lights were out too. I replaced the flasher i got, with another one and it didnt work. as for the relay for these 3, which one is it? I cant decifer it very well HA. Pulled the fuses, nothing. So I am going to assume it's definitely a ground wire, just gotta figure out which one and find it. Ill check the grounds and if that doesnt work, maybe it is the ignition switch.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by myk
Yeah you can jump the terminals, if you know which ones to do so-that's one way to test and see if your fuel pump is operational and it's not the relay. Or, you could swap a comparable relay and see what happens...
jump the terminals?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A relays job is to use a low power switch to turn on a high power circuit. You can bridge the two wires that the relay connects and disconects to find if you have a bad relay... Your essentially doing the job of the relay... Make any sense? Check the grounds I mentioned earlier, I think you'll find your problem
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

jump the terminals?
Put a wire, with both ends exposed, between the two terminals that would normally conduct power through the relay, and then see if there's power. The trick is you have to know which terminals to jump. Try swapping relays with another system and see what happens...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What he said
Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

I think it may be the ignition ground or switch because last night and this morning before I start the car, I mess with the ignition and I get the reverse lights/AC/Heater/signals working. When i mess with it I hear a clicking of some sort either under the dash or under the hood. Gonna need someone to look at it with me and figure it out.