General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Part-throttle hesitation and stumble...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't mean to put rear O2s. Sorry, I changed the fronts. That was due to my gas mileage going down to 12mpg from 17-18mpg. I have sprayed the MAF cleaner on the sensor NUMEROUS times and it's only good for a few days.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

this sounds like my friends car... have you fixed the issue? and if so, what was the problem with it?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

I brought it to Frost in Richmond yesterday after I left the GM car cruise up to Bass Pro in Ashland, VA. I told him the issue I was having, all the mods, etc. We ended up doing a dyno run and my A/F was 14.## and from there we both agreed that the MAF was DEAD! So I'm gonna get me a OEM GM Delphi 78mm MAF (not 85mm) and bring it back.

But what I was glad about was that with it being that lean it still put out 330rwhp and 333rwtq!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Launching!

What were your results? I'm having the same issue and would to know if you solved it.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your TPS sensor, fuel pressure.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So on a similar note I am chasing down a stumble/miss on my 03 Silverado LQ4 6.0L. My miss is only noticeable when it first starts, if I let it set & warm up it runs ok. And it seems as if it stumbles about the time it shifts gears. Just marginal acceleration is terrible, can't get out of its own way, hard acceleration & it stumbles, misses, pings, sounds terrible, still can't get out of its own way.. I have change the fuel pump (went out about 3 months ago), fuel filter, plugs, wires, & intake gaskets. No difference. Haven't tried changing coils, but if they were bad, wouldn't it still miss when warm?

What else should I try? I took it to a dealer & their was no codes.

Oh, also I checked fuel pressure & it was OK. And the TB is about a year old, dealer replaced cause it was bad.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this thread has gotten a bit old but I bought my WS.6 a year ago and it has always had this exact problem. However, I read that some people have had success in resolving the issue by cleaning their MAF sensor so I gave it a try last weekend. The result: The car does not hesitate AT ALL anymore like it used to, it idles smother, and although it could be in my head completely, I think I picked up some lost power from it. I just bought a can of the CRF (I think it's called CRF) MAF sensor cleaner, took off the hose that connects the MAF to the throttle body, left my SLP lid on, and sprayed that sucker down with the cleaner. The MAF screen was dusty (probably thanks to the K&N that used to be on it when I bought it). But either way to anybody who is having this problem I want to let you know that simply cleaning the MAF with the MAF cleaner COMPLETELY 100% resolved my issue of the hesitation and also made my engine run smoother. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Part-throttle hesitation and stumble...