General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tokico HP ("BLUES") coil-overs

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tokico HP ("BLUES") coil-overs

I have got Tokico HP coil-overs on the front of my 2000 Z28. Handles unbelieveably well. I have an issue, the lower bushings need to be replaced on it. I know that Tokico wants you to pony up another 300 bucks for a new set instead of offering rreplacement press-ins. I have read in other forums, primarily the tuners forums, a few guys going to Napa and have them press in some replacement chrysler bushings and they work like new.

Mine is squeeling like a pig now and am anxious to get some feedback. Even a site that may offer replacements! Any help on this would be fantastic!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Probably want to try the suspension section for this one. But which "coilovers" are you talking about? (got a link) I haven't heard of them actually making their own coilovers, but rather just using their shocks with some eibach or other springs as a set. And if thats the case the handling would be pretty mediocre compared to a higher end shock/spring combo and you'd probably just be better off getting better shocks if you are looking for handling anyway.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tokico link

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Probably want to try the suspension section for this one. But which "coilovers" are you talking about? (got a link) I haven't heard of them actually making their own coilovers, but rather just using their shocks with some eibach or other springs as a set. And if thats the case the handling would be pretty mediocre compared to a higher end shock/spring combo and you'd probably just be better off getting better shocks if you are looking for handling anyway.
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS...item19c0b33d71
Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, well those aren't coilovers..
Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 Z28/SS
That picture isn't for an Fbody either.
I've never seen/heard of Tokico springs for our cars, so I think its safe to assume they are some other brand springs (likley Eibach sportlines judging by the claimed drop, unfortunately worst of the worst for lowering springs).
If you can't find anything to get rid of the squeaking instead of buying another set of mediocre shocks you should get atleast a set of SLP bilstiens seeing that they are roughly only $20 more expensive than tokico's and a much better shock. While you are at it replace those springs as well. Im sure this is not what you want to hear but you could have a vastly better setup (in both ride and handling) for a fraction more cost.
EDIT: what color are the spring that you got with the kit, and are there any labeling or numbers on them? Can you post a pic of your car to see the drop?