General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SeaFoam? your take?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gottallovepower
First off this is a boat engine not a car but just relaying the info. A boat mechanic friend hated the stuff because it was so strong that it would knock crap off the gas tank and that stuff would run through the engine causing more problems. Two days before though I saw a guy in the parts store buying it and he swore up and down by it. I guess its just one of those deals where it works great for some people and not so hot for others.
Yea true. Just like seafoam has worked wonders for me but the mccc gave me misfires and killed my o2s. Others swear by the mccc but not my experience with it lol. Never had the issue with seafoam out of the MANY times useing it. Idk man its a mystery......
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gottallovepower
A boat mechanic friend hated the stuff because it was so strong that it would knock crap off the gas tank and that stuff would run through the engine causing more problems.
The problem with the boat is not the seafoam, its the crap in the tank. If I was your buddy I would get that tank checked asap.

Is the tank made of fiberglass by any chance? I'm not sure if seafoam is safe with fiberglass. Does anyone else know?

Originally Posted by t/a98
my ls1 blew shortly after I used it... Only 107k miles.
Only 107k miles! I hope your being facetious.

Quick Reply: SeaFoam? your take?