General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Service Vehicle/ASR OFF/Brake/ABS INOP

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Vehicle/ASR OFF/Brake/ABS INOP

Alright, Quick little backstory on all this first I got the car just over a year ago at that time it had the ASR OFF/Brake/ABS INOP lights that would come on and just stay on. So I searched on here and the best guess to the issue for that was wheel sensors either being bad or dirty so I checked all mine and they are fine since then I have just kind of left it, actually I had the car scanned with an ABS scanner as well and it found nothing. The car ran perfectly fine with no issue, ASR worked as should and so did the brakes/ebrake. Now recently past few months or so the Service Vehicle light comes on most of the time just after the cars been running but sometimes its on right as the car starts till its turned off. Now this light is a non emissions related light so i checked everything I could think of that would cause that even had the car scanned for codes and nothing. So my last guess would be its related to the other lights being on because thats all I can think of I just don't know what to do or how to fix it to get rid of these lights. Anyone have any guesses?

Just a pic showing the lights, yes my oil pressure sits a little low at idle but sits where needs to be under driving conditions.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

So there is no code in the computer for the SES light?

Maybe you have a faulty computer.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's not the SES light, two different lights. But yeah I did both scanners at autozone and neither showed anything.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had all of those light on, with the exception of the brake light, after my cam swap. My tuner got it all straightened out but I'm not 100% sure what it was. Do you have a tuner that can take a look at it?

Your oil pressure seems really low too.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah have one nearby did my exhaust work could probably have him take a look at it.

The oil pressure sits low at idle but normal runnig area when driving even still it's still in the safe area as long as it's above 20 it's safe.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent!

Quick Reply: Service Vehicle/ASR OFF/Brake/ABS INOP