General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How much should an engine analysis cost? (Misfires come back until pcm gets reset)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are close to Peters Chevrolet and they are pretty honest. The service manager David Taylor has always handled things there well. Patty is a good service writer. They should only charge you one hour for diag per concern. I worked for extended warranty as a claims adjuster and they sold our contract so i dealt with them all the time. I just saw you have two locations Peters is in Longview I do not know anyone in that area of Washington. Any Chevy dealer should only charge 1.0 hour for diag on any one concern.

Last edited by TurbopigB4C; 05-22-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can have some give you live reading.. you can see which cylinder is misfiring( i used a diablo to do this) I MOVED THE COIL which showed a issue to a diff. locating. scanned again.. it will follow if coil.. if it stays. dig deeper.. of course away ohm check wires. inspect you plugs..
you beast will dump fuel when its code is on do to gm programming. to keep motor safe.
good luck.. mine was a bad coil.. msd one to be fact lol

Quick Reply: How much should an engine analysis cost? (Misfires come back until pcm gets reset)