General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems, ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems, ugh!

So I just got a LS1 TB Ported/Polished/100% Throttle/Epoxy Mod/Coolant Bypass...for some reason day 2 after install im throwing that P0507 code, my car is idling at 1,000rpm, and when im driving and throw it in neutral it hangs at 1500-2000 rpm until the car comes to a complete stop, then it just drops quickly back down to 900rpm...ive tryed searching the forums, and I did the manual reset for the TB, the car ran fine with the original TB, and theres no enlarged hole on the TB Plate. Any new info out there, or just any help would be great. I dont wanna replace IAC that worked great with previous TB
Old 09-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same problem minus the code with mine, you need to take the TB back off and adjust the idle screw for the blade so it will close more. I did that and my hanging idle issuse disappeared.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tpooleATL
I had the exact same problem minus the code with mine, you need to take the TB back off and adjust the idle screw for the blade so it will close more. I did that and my hanging idle issuse disappeared.
I got mine is low as it can go without the blade sticking and it still does it.

To the OP here is my old thread where I had the problem. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...v-bigtime.html
Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tpooleATL
ill give it a shot, im also getting another code, something about catalyst bank 2 issue...
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whiteNrude01
ill give it a shot, im also getting another code, something about catalyst bank 2 issue...
Well bank 2 is the passenger side oxygen sensor and I think if its sensor 1 is upstream and sensor 2 is downstream. Again my car was screwing up last year and I ended having a bad 02 sensor and replacing it helped a lot. All of a sudden about June (this year) mine started doing it again and all of a sudden last week my car started running like $hit and !!bam! bad 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Whats funny is my warranty on the denso I bought last year just ran out. I am just gonna give the bosch 13111's a shot when I do LT's.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well having an o2 go bad the exact same time you switch TB's is just highly unlikely, but possible. If closing your blade more doesn't work take the TB off again, take a light and shine it behind the blade and see if there is an even gap all the way around the blade (there should be some light showing around the edge but not ALOT) it's possible whoever did the work on your TB removed too much material and its allowing too much unaccounted for air around the blade.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just a suggestion, but did you remember the O-Ring when you reinstalled the IAC? I actually did this once.....
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I replied in your duplicate thread. Have you gotten this sorted out?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-problems.html
Old 09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deviant LS1
I replied in your duplicate thread. Have you gotten this sorted out?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-problems.html
Well, I did remember the o-ring, I took the Tbody back off, it looked pretty good as far as light shining through and gaps, the idle screw was powder coated over, thought i removed enough of the coating, was wrong, striped out my damn idles screw...I unplugged the IAC sensor and the car runs fine.....odd?

Quick Reply: New P/P TB, P0507, Idle problems, ugh!