General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

*Need help* Sqeak & Creak

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Need help* Sqeak & Creak

I have an 01 M6 SS with 75k in miles. I'm getting creaks and squeaks from my front suspension. I installed the pro-kit and billstien shocks about 15 thousand miles ago on the car. Here's the thing. It only happens when I go over speed bumps, up and downs, when i get out of the car, etc but only does it after I've driven the car for 30 min or more on a nice warm day. However It will not do it through the winter or if it's moderately cool outside. Any help would be appreciated!

John
Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same issue with only my 99Z, I have a 96Z lowered with same Eibach kit and it's quite. Will be interested in a resolution. If all else fails my upgrade to poly bushing from front to back will prob take care of it. Def something about lowering these cars.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Teching In

So you think Poly bushings would cure the fix? Anybody else had this problem and solved it in the past?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Insano Z28
I have the same issue with only my 99Z, I have a 96Z lowered with same Eibach kit and it's quite. Will be interested in a resolution. If all else fails my upgrade to poly bushing from front to back will prob take care of it. Def something about lowering these cars.
Would you happen to be running staggered wheels on you 99Z?