General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

what could it be?? Car dies instantly when I turn the lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what could it be?? Car dies instantly when I turn the lights on.

2k1 Pontiac Formula.....The car starts fine....but when I turn the **** for the lights it dies. Also, when I lower the E-brake handle then the car dies as well. Sometimes when I put the Ebrake down it'll make a clicking noise in the interior and the clock light will flicker rapidly and the engine will hiccup and die. The center console is out of the car....is one of the disconnected harnesses in the center console causing this?? Anyone got any advice??

I have removed the headlights assembly and just cut the wires that go to the headlight motors for something unrelated (don't ask). Could this be the issue?? It wasn't doing this before though so I'm stumped.

Last edited by notnilc20; 09-29-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

sounds like a bad ground(s) to me. these cars do really weird **** if they aren't grounded properly. seriously. its absurd.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mai krod
sounds like a bad ground(s) to me. these cars do really weird **** if they aren't grounded properly. seriously. its absurd.
Thank you Mai Krod....that does make sense as I've disconnected a few ground screws in the front......Guess I'll find out when I put her all back together. thanks again....