General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pulley Sqeal

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
It means that your problem is a pulley or a belt but nothing else. Noise = friction and you have some odd friction going on between your belt and pulleys. The problem may even be too small to see visually.
Well I changed the pump today anyway since it was on the agenda next month. Squeal went away for about 5 min and came back. After looking around I noticed the timing cover had little tiny bubbles coming out the top of it. Think it might be the balancer pulley making noise for getting oil leaked on it? I cleaned everything behind the pump while it was off, so I'm guessing that's why it didn't make any noise for a few minutes.

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 02-03-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Ended giving up and let a shop look at it. They thought it was the idler from using a stethoscope, but it didn't help. Turned our to be the belt. POS Autozone belt was the problem the whole time. Replaced that and she's back to normal.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Launching!

I have the same noise lol. it even sounded like it was on the same side. i have a new PS pump, water pump and acc. idler. but unlike your niose, when i took the a/c belt off the niose went away...but now i think i am hearing some thing else since that is now quiet lol.