General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hesitation and prolonged shifts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation and prolonged shifts...

My 99 Z has 102k miles on it and has been doing this for the last couple of days. At anything but very light throttle I get hesitation while accelerating. Occasionally the trans will hold the ear longer than I'd expect.

Also when taking off from a stop there is an audible clunk. Not sure if that means anything though. How worried should I be and what can I check?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Launching!

As far as the hesitation goes, possibly a vaccuum leak. Does the car ever act like it's going to die when taking off from a stop? Any DTC codes (check engine light) coming on?

The 4l60's are notorious for prolonged shifts. Even after a good tune, I've heard of long shifts between gears. The only way to solve that issue would be a shift kit, which isn't really necessary with a tranny on 100k+
Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I get an occasional lean bank code, but it hasn't shown up in quite a while. I'm hoping it's just the O2s or possibly a fuel filter, but my luck with cars is never that easy.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Check your pcv hose, mess with it and see if you notice a change in the idle. If so, it's a vacuum leak. I had the same issue and just replaced it with some brand new fuel line (got it free at auto shop).